Associate Creative Director (Art)
Santa Monica, CA
Creative / Design
It's an amazing time to join Ring as we continue shaping the future of smart home and redefine the home security space.
The Key by Amazon group is currently seeking an exceptional Associate Creative Director (Visual Design) to join our team in Santa Monica. In this role, you will be responsible for working hands-on with and overseeing customer focused campaigns and digital experience for the whole product portfolio of Key, including landing pages, digital advertising, emails, trade shows, and event-based marketing content.
You will collaborate with copywriters, strategists, and product marketing teams to develop creative concepts, execute original and innovative design and storytelling, as well as overseeing projects all the way through execution. As a storyteller on the team, you will advocate for design excellence and help create impactful work that delivers business goals. This is a hands-on role responsible for both conceptual and executional work. The ideal candidate is a digital native that is fueled by big ideas, driven by measurable results and is inspired to lead.
- Work with the Key by Amazon’s marketing team to drive and execute creative work to support our business goals.
- Responsible for end-to-end delivery of the creative process -- actively participate in creative briefings, develop & execute creative concepts (both independently and with the team), determine solutions/alternatives when necessary, and present work to stakeholders.
- Strong understanding of digital and social platforms as well as their use within marketing.
- Fluency in understanding and interpreting strategy to developing initial concepts.
- Exceptional design skills, including layout, typography, video, motion, design patterns, and copywriting.
- Create user-centered designs by considering analysis, customer feedback, site metrics, and usability findings.
- Work with project managers to plan projects for effective delivery while maintaining high standards for design.
- Provide external vendors with creative direction/art direction.
- 7+ years of relevant industry experience.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in design tools such as Adobe Creative Suite.
- A portfolio of your work demonstrating finished projects
- Deep digital advertising experience; traditional advertising experience a plus.
- Web-based portfolio exhibiting digital, social, and print work.
- Experience working closely with cross-functional teams (product, strategy, media, production, etc).
- Experience leveraging KPIs, data, metrics and applying learnings in real time.
- Experience with consumer brand experience design and an understanding of storytelling.
- Additional design skills in related fields, including art direction, filmmaking, motion design, and prototyping.
- A positive, entrepreneurial spirit, skilled at multi-tasking, delivering under tight timelines and adapting quickly to change.
Ring's mission is to reduce crime in neighborhoods by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of home security products and services. The Ring product line, along with the Ring Neighbors app, enable Ring to offer affordable, complete, proactive home and neighborhood security in a way no other company has before. In fact, two Newark, NJ neighborhoods saw an over 50 percent decrease in home break-ins after Ring Video Doorbells and Spotlight Cams were installed on 11% of homes in the communities from April-July 2018 when compared to the same time period in 2017. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you’re always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants with our regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ring Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.