Strategist, Brand Strategy & Content
Santa Monica, CA
Marketing – Marketing
Ring is looking for a Strategist, Brand Strategy + Content who possesses a clear understanding of how to unlock consumer insights and connect them with cultural and industry trends to develop inspiring strategies and content.
It's an amazing time to join Ring as we continue shaping the future of the smart home and redefine the home security space. Ring is seeking a strategic and highly creative individual to help shape its brand and content marketing efforts.
In this role, you will develop strategies for product launches and beyond with integrated communications plans and messaging strategies that assure all channels are working together to ensure we meet goals and deliver excellent user experience. You will work with Go-To-Market teams to develop strategies and execute creative ideas and plans. You will manage branded activities to help engage new and existing customers in ways that ultimately drive (1) awareness of Ring devices and services, (2) acquisition and retention of Ring customers. Working collaboratively with the brand marketing, social, influencer, CRM, design, and media groups, you will harness the creative power of content integration to efficiently and effectively build the brand equity of our products and services. This role reports into the Head of Brand Strategy + Content.
- Leverage consumer insights to design and implement brand and content strategies, including brand and product positioning, brand messaging, hierarchy, and communications to build brand awareness and consideration and drive business goals.
- Perform qualitative and quantitative research to drive a better understanding of our audiences and their perception of the Ring brand and products.
- Conduct category marketing communication analysis to inform our strategic messaging approach.
- Draw observations from outside category to inspire innovative approaches to marketing.
- Write and communicate briefs for use by internal teams and external partners that distill customer insights, business objectives, and success criteria into actionable creative development.
- Work collaboratively with the GTM teams to develop communications and content strategies and execute creative ideas and plans across business units.
- Work closely with the Ring Design Group, Mass Marketing Group, Research and Measurement teams to integrate and measure our brand marketing opportunities.
- Work across the marketing organization to ensure brand and content learnings are communicated cross-functionally and incorporated into future briefs.
- Manage short-term and long-term projects alike; with an ability to dive deep to surface any and all issues that allow us to gather insights, solve problems, and further our business.
- The ideal candidate will be a combination of business leader, creative thinker, visionary, inventor, builder, and operator. They must be passionate about the opportunity to work for Ring, the brand marketing team, and by the prospect of making Ring products and services successful on a global scale.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of experience in brand strategy, communications strategy, product marketing and content creation.
- 3+ years of working in-house or agency working cross-functionally across multiple internal teams.
- Some experience in technology is strongly preferred.
- The ability to translate metrics into insights into action
- Experience using integrated campaigns to solve brand/business challenges
- Familiarity in running complex research projects that require data inputs from multiple sources
- Ability to balance long‐term strategy with short‐term results.
- Have the marketing knowledge and creative judgement to create branded content that engage a mass audience.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to craft story and represent it to team members across the organization and with outside agencies.
- The ability to internally navigate complex organizations.
- Exceptional analytical and writing skills with a strong creative sensibility.
- Strong knowledge of social and digital media landscape.
- Ability to quickly consume large amount of data and draw insights that drive the business forward.
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and excel in a fast and lean work environment.
- Highly self-motivated, thrive in a fast-paced collaborative environment
Ring's mission is to make neighborhoods safer by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of home security products and services. The Ring product line, along with the Ring Neighbors app, enable Ring to offer affordable, complete, proactive home and neighborhood security in a way no other company has before. In fact, two Newark, NJ neighborhoods saw an over 50 percent decrease in home break-ins after Ring Video Doorbells and Spotlight Cams were installed on 11% of homes in the communities from April-July 2018 when compared to the same time period in 2017. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you’re always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or genetics.