Senior Product Manager (Site)
Santa Monica, CA
Product / Program / Project Management
As a Senior Product Manager on the Ring website, you will be responsible for defining and building a web experience that best meets the needs of the user and the business.
You will help shape the logged in web experience by driving engineering and features based on a strategic vision and a collaborative roadmap.
You should be comfortable collaborating in a fast-paced environment and contributing to innovative solutions, while demonstrating leadership, technical competence, and meticulous attention to detail.
A successful candidate will be highly analytical, be able to work very effectively in a matrix organization, show perseverance and steadfastness and love thinking about new products and technologies.
- Identify product innovation opportunities aligned with market needs and business priorities; build supporting business cases to pursue those opportunities.
- Define, plan and manage the roll out of the product features and enhancements for the product initiatives that you own.
- Identify key performance indicators, strive for improvement, and communicate progress
- Take high level direction and turn a strategic plan into a tactical plan
- Work with a global team of stakeholders to identify areas of opportunity and agree upon requirements
- Spec writing, ticket writing, product acceptance and all other day to day tasks that keep our sprints on track
- Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners
- Create and prioritize a backlog of requirements with input from diverse stakeholder groups
- Continuous evaluation of the competitive landscape and critical thinking about how others’ strategies may or may not fit into our own needs
- 5+ years of relevant work experience as a Product Manager in a consumer electronics or web software environment
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Demonstrable data-driven decision making and critical thinking skills
- Must be able to constructively communicate and collaborate across multiple levels and disciplines, from PR to community support, BI, data management, development, security, legal, C-levels, et al.
- Experience in web development tactics and familiarity with systems development life cycle; Agile experience a plus
- Experience with new product planning and delivery, from concept to feasibility to development and launch
- Strong proficiency with web analytics platforms, including Google Analytics
- Experience in, understanding of and passion for web or mobile platforms to support consumer electronics
- Ability to excel in a rapidly changing environment
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage tradeoffs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners
- Entrepreneurial spirit, with track record for delivering results in fast-moving and demanding environments
- Ability to collaborate with and effectively influence remote teams in multiple time zones
Ring's mission is to reduce crime in neighborhoods and empower consumers by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of smart home security products: Ring Video Doorbell, Ring Video Doorbell Pro, Ring Stick Up Cam and the new Ring Floodlight Cam. With these security devices, Ring has created the neighborhood watch for the digital age and continues to keep homes around the world safe. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you're always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ring Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age