Business Development Manager- Installed Solutions
Business Development – Sales / Biz Dev
Ring is looking for a Business Development Manager to bring their passion and expertise for the builder vertical and key initiatives to our Installed Solutions Channel. We know there are key moments in a customer’s life like buying a new home where they might explore opportunities to live more securely. We believe Ring is the perfect solution to do this and achieve our goal: to make neighborhoods safer.
Internally, you will work closely with a team of product managers, field sales, training specialists and cross-functionally with Demand Planning, GTM, and Retail marketing groups, to develop and implement a clear and succinct GTM strategy. You will ensure we provide a high-level marketing, assortment, and operations support for the vertical and key initiatives. The core purpose of this role is to drive sustained, profitable growth with your established partners while identifying new business opportunities in non-traditional Consumer Electronics channels.
- Focus on account management which including sales forecasting through retail customer insights and industry trends. You will develop an intimate understanding of your customer’s business and translate that to the demand planning team and the broader business.
- Partnership - Forge an important bond by working side-by-side with your Marketing counterparts to ensure a high level of marketing, training, and support for your business.
- Establish great working relationships across the company to help invent progressive ways to improve how we come to market and how the business can further expand and support the channel.
- Manage all level of relationships within the larger builders across North America.
- Identify and establish standard offerings with residential builders.
- Identify and support local/regional/national marketing programs including trade shows, Builder support materials, model home, design center marketing programs, (national and regional).
- New Business Development - Seek opportunities through the lens of connecting customers to install professionals starting with a consultative process.
- Analyze geographical territories and implement strategies to increase penetration.
- Analyze sales and industry trends and develop appropriate recommendations for short, mid and long-range opportunities.
- Experience working with retail customers focused on consumer electronics or high-tech products.
- 10+ years of experience working with National Builders/Business Development.
- 5+ years of experience managing a P&L including a marketing budget.
- Ability to travel 25% of the time.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.
- History of exceeding sales targets using a consultative, solutions-oriented approach
- Relentlessly high standards (is never satisfied with the status quo)
- Ability to dive deep.
- Continuously up to date with the details of the business.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to think clearly, analyze quantitatively, problem-solve and prioritize.
Ring's mission is to make neighborhoods safer by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of home security products and services. The Ring product line, along with the Ring Neighbors app, enable Ring to offer affordable, complete, proactive home and neighborhood security in a way no other company has before. In fact, two Newark, NJ neighborhoods saw an over 50 percent decrease in home break-ins after Ring Video Doorbells and Spotlight Cams were installed on 11% of homes in the communities from April-July 2018 when compared to the same time period in 2017. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visitwww.ring.com. With Ring, you’re always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or genetics.