Devices Product Manager
Product/Program/Project Management – Product / Program / Project Management
Ring Solutions is a dynamic team in Malvern, PA responsible for the Ring Alarm suite of products within the larger Amazon Devices Group.
As a Devices Product Manager in Ring Solutions, you will help drive the strategy, vision, and roadmap for Ring Alarm devices, keeping Ring customers safe and secure. You will work with global teams on firmware development, device development, packaging, customer education, and key software features. You will have a high degree of ownership over critical features and the customer experience. We are looking for someone who can flow effortlessly between the big picture vision and the critical details needed to bring a device to market. You must be customer obsessed and always put the user first.
A successful candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment, embrace ambiguity with critical, analytical thinking, and drive end-to-end product development with buy in from key stakeholders.
- Lead the development and execution of the consumer-focused product strategy and vision supported by internal and external analysis.
- Develop detailed, crisp business requirements and user stories that can be used to create product specifications and architecture for each product and application.
- Manage prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, performance and operational support load.
- Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners.
- Work closely with engineering teams and program management to deliver products to market.
- Drive product launches including working with public relations team, go-to-market, executives, community support, social media, and other product management team members.
- Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the team’s ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals.
- Lead teams across functions to deliver products and ensure product vision is implemented effectively
- Conducting data analysis to drive decision making and identify key challenges and opportunities
- BA/BS degree
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in product management
- 3+ years of relevant experience in consumer hardware products and/or services
- 3+ years of experience leading projects with multiple stakeholders to deliver customer-facing products or services in a product management or similar role
- 3+ years of experience using data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive actions
- 2+ years of relevant experience in residential or commercial security products
- Experience launching a new product or business from concept through launch
- Experience communicating technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Experience working with stakeholders across many functions.
- Technical proficiency, demonstrated through technical degree or equivalent work experience
- Excellent written communication skills
- Experience managing a product backlog and leading a team to meet aggressive goals
- Passion for creating innovative solutions for consumers
- Experience building connected home, home automation, smart home, and/or other consumer IoT products or services.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior executives
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired.
- History of teamwork and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done.
Since its founding in 2013, Ring has been on a mission to make neighborhoods safer. From the video doorbell, to Ring Alarm, which was named #1 in Customer Satisfaction for DIY Home Security Systems by J.D. Power, Ring’s smart home security product line, as well as the Neighbors app, offer users affordable whole-home and neighborhood security. At Ring, we are committed to making home and neighborhood security accessible and effective for everyone -- while working hard to bring communities together. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you’re always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants with our regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ring Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.