Head of Trust & Safety, Neighbors
Santa Monica, CA
Marketing – Marketing
The Head of Trust & Safety will work on expanding the Neighbors app policies, operating procedures, and content moderation practices. This position will be responsible for creating and maintaining fair policies that enhance user trust and protect the safety of our users. In addition to managing our Trust & Safety team day-to-day, this cross-departmental role will collaborate with internal stakeholders to determine the outcomes of policy-related issues. Having tangible experience in growing online communities and executing multiple projects at once is a must. We are not only looking for a straightforward, excellent communicator who can implement strategic policies, but one who can also build tools and solutions that aid in establishing user trust.
- Build expertise and insight in Neighbors-specific user behavior that can be communicated across the app team as a whole
- Identify and solve for the unique challenges Neighbors faces as a hyperlocal community network when it comes to trust & safety practices
- End-to-end project management for app and internal changes related to user guidelines and policies
- Evolve content policies, moderation training documentation, and escalation paths
- Optimize moderation operations using data-oriented solutions
- Manage relationships with applicable contractors and third-party partners
- Bachelor’s degree in public policy/legal studies related field or equivalent professional experience
- 10+ years of professional experience in managing community development/trust & safety for social media apps and/or other digital platforms with global teams
- 5+ years of experience in leadership and people management
- Developed tactical methods to improve current and future trust & safety practices
- Analyzed data sets to provide user behavior insights and solve business problems
- Creation and implementation of user guidelines and content policies
- Assisted in the development of machine learning technologies for content moderation
- Collaborated with product and engineering teams to implement changes for apps or other digital properties
- JD, MBA, other advanced degree
- Ability to be a spokesperson for Neighbors policy
- Demonstrate a positive, can-do, go-the-extra-mile attitude
- Ability to exercise reasonable judgement when it comes to solving complex challenges
Ring's mission is to make neighborhoods safer by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of home security products and services. The Ring product line, along with the Ring Neighbors app, enable Ring to offer affordable, complete, proactive home and neighborhood security in a way no other company has before. In fact, two Newark, NJ neighborhoods saw an over 50 percent decrease in home break-ins after Ring Video Doorbells and Spotlight Cams were installed on 11% of homes in the communities from April-July 2018 when compared to the same time period in 2017. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you’re always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or genetics.