Public Relations Manager
Santa Monica, CA
Ring is looking for an organized, hard-working, and self-motivated full-time public relations professional to join our PR team in Santa Monica. As a PR Manager for Ring, you will work alongside the Director of Communications and the rest of the PR team, as well as teams across Ring and Amazon to imagine, develop and execute PR communications strategies.
The ideal candidate will have experience managing proactive and reactive media relations including but not limited to PR plans, pitching media, executing events, tracking coverage and identifying timely opportunities. This individual follows tech news closely, and enjoys reading news from outlets like TechCrunch and the WSJ.
As PR Manager, you’ll also be expected to oversee, manage, and execute PR communication strategies in partnership with Amazon as it relates to Ring in addition to managing the PR Coordinators.
- Act as PR business partner for Amazon initiatives related to Ring
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders in order to drive a successful PR strategy
- Manage Ring executive participation in industry events
- Coordinate product news across multiple businesses
- Build narratives and PR plans to support Ring and its commitment to being a leader in reducing crime in neighborhoods through storytelling
- Develop, build and maintain strong relationships with relevant media
- Help manage external PR firms as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree
- 6+ years public relations experience, with some of that spent on technology businesses
- An understanding and ability to tell stories
- An ability to work across and build relationships with multiple teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to deliver results under tight deadlines
- Managed a team
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Proactive mindset and ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Experience executing PR strategies for major events or companies
- Demonstrate a positive, can-do, go-the-extra-mile attitude
- Outstanding attention to detail and bias for action, as well as a deep understanding of technology, and ability to communicate complex topics effectively
Ring's mission is to reduce crime in neighborhoods and empower consumers by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of smart home security products: Ring Video Doorbell, Ring Video Doorbell Pro, Ring Stick Up Cam and the new Ring Floodlight Cam. With these security devices, Ring has created the neighborhood watch for the digital age and continues to keep homes around the world safe. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you're always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ring Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age