Social Media Technical Editor
Santa Monica, CA
Marketing – Marketing
Ring is looking for an experienced, organized, and self-motivated full-time Social Media Technical Editor to join our Social Media team in Santa Monica. As a Social Media Technical Editor, you will work alongside the PR, Communications, Tech. Leads and the rest of the Social Media team, as well as teams across Ring and Amazon to shape interactions with Ring customers on public platforms and mold the voice of Ring brand on social media.
As Social Media Technical Editor, you’ll also be expected to oversee, manage, and execute social media communications strategies in partnership with Amazon as it relates to the Ring brand on social media.
- Review social media responses and provide editorial guidance to Social Media Agents and Leads on Ring’s tone and voice, ensuring grammatical issues are resolved and the corporate marketing style guide is applied.
- Develop engaging text, image and video content for social media accounts (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube...etc)
- Successfully manage complex, fast-moving and unexpected communications challenges
- Work closely with CS, PR, Marketing and Operations teams to understand needs related to format, structure, and the overall look and feel of content.
- Assists in trouble-shooting technical issues that may arise with helping out Ring customers.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years working alongside a corporate PR team
- 3+ years of experience editing documents for publication
- Experience working with consumer technology businesses
- Ability to exercise high judgment in narrow time-frames
- An entrepreneurial spirit, including the ability to work independently and autonomously
- Thrives in a collaborative environment and willing to roll up your sleeves to get the job done
- Ability to deliver results under tight deadlines
- An ability to work across and build relationships with multiple teams
- Excellent writing, copy editing and proofing skills
Ring's mission is to make neighborhoods safer by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of home security products and services. The Ring product line, along with the Ring Neighbors app, enable Ring to offer affordable, complete, proactive home and neighborhood security in a way no other company has before. In fact, two Newark, NJ neighborhoods saw an over 50 percent decrease in home break-ins after Ring Video Doorbells and Spotlight Cams were installed on 11% of homes in the communities from April-July 2018 when compared to the same time period in 2017. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you’re always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or genetics.