Head of Brand Strategy and Content
Santa Monica, CA
It's an amazing time to join Ring as we continue shaping the future of smart home and redefine the home security space. Ring is seeking an experienced, strategic and highly creative individual to lead its brand and content marketing efforts.
In this role, you will lead the brand and communications strategies for product launches and sustaining across the whole product portfolio of Ring. You will work with Go-To-Market teams to develop strategies and execute creative ideas and plans. You will manage branded activities to help engage new and existing customers in ways that ultimately drive (1) awareness of Ring devices and services, (2) acquisition and retention of Ring customers. Working collaboratively with the brand marketing, social, influencer, CRM, design, and media groups, you will lead the effort harnessing the creative power of content integration to efficiently and effectively build the brand equity of our products and services.
The ideal candidate will understand how to navigate branded content and integration to strategically build Doorbell, Security Camera, Alarm and Neighbors brands, create attention and generate awareness and intent to purchase on a global scale. You will have developed highly creative marketing campaigns and have demonstrated the ability to think big and implement innovative ideas in ways that create significant impact. You will have a thorough understanding of the capabilities of branded content and its ability to connect with a wide range of audiences, and how to use those capabilities to develop a range of strategies that will build Ring products and services brand equity. You will formulate and implement best practices, mechanisms and measurement tools that provide enhanced opportunities to engage audiences. You will actively seek to raise the bar for strategic approach, creative development and execution within the branded content, integration, and entertainment space.
- Own the development of a strategic branded content and marketing plan and its associated budget.
- Set the short and long‐term strategy ‐ Serve as the strategic leader and voice for the Ring marketing function, focused on building strong brands and effective campaigns for Ring’s products and services.
- Work collaboratively with the GTM teams to develop communications and content strategies and execute creative ideas and plans across business units.
- Work closely with the Ring Design Group, Mass Marketing Group, Research and Measurement teams to integrate and measure our brand marketing opportunities.
- Establish the objectives, key results, processes and workflow to ensure a high functioning group.
- Set goals and KPIs, develop test and learn scenarios, and devise strategies through which to achieve them while implementing measurement plans.
- Develop existing talent and hire/onboard new talent to grow the function.
- Manage external agencies and distribution partners as necessary for that which we cannot do internally.
- Work effectively with other groups within Amazon, especially products (Alexa, Fire, Echo), and international teams.
- The ideal candidate will be a combination of business leader, creative thinker, visionary, inventor, builder, and operator. They must be passionate about the opportunity to work for Ring, the brand marketing team, and by the prospect of making Ring products and services successful on a global scale.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline.
- 10+ years of experience in brand strategy, communications strategy, product marketing and content creation.
- 5+ years of experience launching consumer products while working cross-functionally across multiple internal teams.
- Ability to balance long‐term strategy with short‐term results.
- Have the marketing knowledge and creative judgement to create branded content that engage a mass audience.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to craft story and represent it to executives, team members, and outside agencies.
- Strong managerial skills with the ability to internally navigate complex organizations.
- Exceptional analytical and writing skills with a strong creative sensibility.
- Strong knowledge of social and digital media landscape.
- Ability to quickly consume large amount of data and draw insights that drive the business forward.
- High integrity and experience managing third party agencies and cross functional teams.
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and excel in a fast and lean work environment.
- Self‐motivated and comfortable working independently with minimal supervision.
Ring's mission is to reduce crime in neighborhoods and empower consumers by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of smart home security products: Ring Video Doorbell, Ring Video Doorbell Pro, Ring Stick Up Cam and the new Ring Floodlight Cam. With these security devices, Ring has created the neighborhood watch for the digital age and continues to keep homes around the world safe. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you're always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ring Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.