Site Reliability Engineer
Engineering / DevOps
Ring is looking a Site Reliability Engineer to join our Alarm Operations department which is dedicated to monitoring and providing support of our cloud infrastructure. You will be part of a 24x7 production support team to ensure our neighbors have a great experience with our products. This is a lean forward position where you will have the chance to directly contribute to and improve our systems, processes, and products.
- Administer, monitor, and deploy systems and services on AWS and cloud platforms
- Assist leads with initiatives for upgrading and scaling our systems to improve availability, reliability, and performance
- Support other technical teams in monitoring operating efficiencies of the platform, and responding as needs arise
- Recommend alternative design and platform decisions (not always green-field)
- collaborating with technical leads to integrate an end-to-end design that's well documented
- Work with global teams of engineers, growing their knowledge and skillset
- 3+ years of progressively responsible, hands-on operations experience in a high availability data center environment
- ·Strong written and verbal communications skills
- ·Able to learn and adapt to new technologies through self-directed training
- ·Background in with datacenter and/or AWS deployments
- ·Strong commitment to learning new skills
- ·Python, Java, and/or Golang experience are all plusses
- ·Experience with high scale and/or mission critical systems
- The shift for this position is Monday through Friday, from 1:00pm - 9:00pm.
- 2+ years’ experience with AWS - EC2, ELB, Route53, AutoScaling, IAM, S3, RDS, Elasticache
- 2+ years’ experience managing global environments
- Solid knowledge of build systems and processes
- Solid knowledge of Distributed Systems
- Bias for process automation and orchestration
- Strong understanding of data structures, algorithms, and relational databases
- Understanding of how commodity servers, operating systems, and network devices function, perform, and scale
- Understanding of Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) and Agile software engineering practices
- Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Recognition and adoption of best practices in documentation, testing, security, operational support at scale, and efficient use of resources
- Familiarity with AWS technologies from a customer perspective
- Comfort working across multiple teams
Ring's mission is to reduce crime in neighborhoods and empower consumers by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of smart home security products: Ring Video Doorbell, Ring Video Doorbell Pro, Ring Stick Up Cam and the new Ring Floodlight Cam. With these security devices, Ring has created the neighborhood watch for the digital age and continues to keep homes around the world safe. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you're always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants with our regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ring Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.