Santa Monica, CA
Creative / Design
Ring has a mission to reduce crime in neighborhoods. With affordable solutions that work on any home, Ring is committed to offering smart security that’s accessible to everyone.
Our marketing design team is looking for an exceptional Designer within the Ring/Amazon Devices organization. The ideal candidate would be highly motivated, self-directed, enthusiastic person who works well under pressure and can thrive in a fast-paced, deadline driven atmosphere. He/she must have a strong individual sense of aesthetics and be able to bring stylish, smart and elevated ideas to the table. In addition, this person should have the ability to deliver clean, on-brand designs based on existing style guides and brand guidelines. This position requires intrinsic design abilities, typographic skills, digital expertise, and acute attention to detail. Not only do you have the technical skills and a strong portfolio to back it up, you function as a conceptual thinker that can contribute to larger multi-channel campaigns. The ability to manage multiple projects and communicate with key stakeholders is essential.
- Support the Creative Team in production activities, including creating layouts, digital marketing collateral, mechanicals or templates, placing or cropping images, retouching or image compression and slicing or conversion of files across multiple platforms (print/web/mobile).
- Ensure accuracy, quality, and consistency for all deliverables.
- Partner with Designers to understand creative intent and how to best implement across all project components.
- Review proofs for accuracy and quality at all stages.
- Prepare final brand assets for global distribution including logos, icons, patterns, and other artwork.
- Use various tools in order to track, publish, distribute, archive, and review assets.
- Possess understanding of production tools and processes, keeping current with production standards and technology Execute design production solutions that improve output quality, increase efficiency and speed, and/or enhance customer experience.
- Apply broad knowledge of production skills, project workflows and file/asset management, to handle assigned projects with minimal supervision.
- Ensure all projects are completed within identified timelines and budgets.
- Take on limited design work when required, in order to supplement team workload.
- 3+ years of experience as a production designer, graphic designer, visual designer, or similar related role.
- Experience with basic design principles (typography, composition, scale, color theory, etc.) and a deep understanding of how those principles work together.
- Work samples online or as PDF demonstrating strong visual design skills and relevant experience.
- 3+ years professional experience using the Adobe Creative Suite—specifically InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop—on Mac OS.
- Candidate should possess a bachelor’s degree in relevant field of study (ie Communication Design, Visual Design, User Experience, etc.) or relevant work experience
- Self-starter who is a customer-obsessed, detail-oriented, and enthusiastic team player.
- In-depth knowledge of design and production terminology
- Candidate has worked in an advertising or marketing focused multi-channel design role through an in-house creative team, a creative agency, etc
- Experience working on a photo-shoot or alongside an Art Director (or equivalent) on a photo-shoot and has delivered assets into production
- Experience maintaining high quality creative, strong attention to detail, operating in a fast-paced, iterative environment
- Candidate must have experience working in a deadline driven environment and must be able to manage workload to meet customer deadlines
Ring's mission is to reduce crime in neighborhoods and empower consumers by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of smart home security products: Ring Video Doorbell, Ring Video Doorbell Pro, Ring Stick Up Cam and the new Ring Floodlight Cam. With these security devices, Ring has created the neighborhood watch for the digital age and continues to keep homes around the world safe. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you're always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ring Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age