Program Manager - BI
Santa Monica, CA
Engineering – BI / Analytics / Data
As a BI & Analytics’ Program Manager within the Ring devices organization, you will be responsible for identifying, scoping, and delivering strategic and business intelligence projects across home security products, cloud services, mobile applications & web portals. You will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive of and design innovative consumer products. You will be comfortable working across time zones and through ambiguity. You thrive through building consensus and driving teams towards data backed decisions. You will anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints. An ability to take large, complex projects and break them down into manageable pieces, develop functional specifications, then deliver them in a successful and timely manner is expected. Maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical talent and leadership are essential to success in this role.
The right candidate will possess proven program management skills and demonstrate experience delivering medium to large products and projects. You are expected to be versatile and able to thrive in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment. You are not hindered by managing competing priorities and are able to bring order to ambiguous scenarios. Maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, and leadership skills are essential to success in this role. You are data-driven and analytical. You can clearly & effectively communicate (written as well as verbally) across the org and up to senior leadership.
- Work with key stakeholders in executive, product management, engineering, quality assurance, finance, logistics, shipping, sales and marketing teams to structure ambiguity and define strategy, requirements, and KPIs
- Architect and document unified data model vision across key stakeholders, monitor KPIs, and take inventory of current data models for refreshes or deprecation
- Document key best practices and other wiki articles on how to work with the BI team and be an evangelist for BI and Analytics.
- Support remote/multi-site stakeholders in sync with product/feature launch timelines: biweekly sync roadmaps, weekly analytics reports, data model definitions, and dashboard design
- Translate and sync analytics requests across business intelligence teams worldwide in Americas, Europe, and Asia into biweekly sprints, and ensure exceptional analytics
- Support training, client set up, and onboarding of key stakeholders of analytics tools (e.g., Tableau, Mode, JIRA, Confluence)
- Work with security, business intelligence, and data management teams to unify data models and security permissions
- Communicate regularly with senior management on status, risks, and priorities
- Conduct stakeholder meetings and work with the internal team to do sprint planning.
- Create and maintain program information (risks, issues, resources, schedules, tasks, budgets)
- Identify business and technical impacts of user requirements
- Dive deep into the technical details of the program or analytics
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in consulting/program/project management in a quantitative environment
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative discipline (EE, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or related quantitative fields)
- Experience with rigorous Consulting and Software Development Life Cycle processes
- Experience managing delivery for BI, Analytics, and data products.
- Experience with analytical tools
- Experience defining projects, collecting requirements, coordinating efforts to scope, schedule and deploy new analytics and dashboards
- Experience prioritizing and analyzing cost/benefit of various analytics requests
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills that engage technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Master’s or advanced technical degree
- Creative leader with superior analytical abilities
- Strong problem solving and negotiation skills to earn trust and influence partners and teams
- Fluency with Atlassian SCM Suite (Confluence/JIRA)
- Prior history in management consulting, productization, and deployment of technology products
- Prior experience in BI/Analytics.
Ring's mission is to make neighborhoods safer by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of home security products and services. The Ring product line, along with the Ring Neighbors app, enable Ring to offer affordable, complete, proactive home and neighborhood security in a way no other company has before. In fact, two Newark, NJ neighborhoods saw an over 50 percent decrease in home break-ins after Ring Video Doorbells and Spotlight Cams were installed on 11% of homes in the communities from April-July 2018 when compared to the same time period in 2017. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you’re always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or genetics.