Principal Product Manager
Santa Monica, CA
Product/Program/Project Management – Product / Program / Project Management
The Key Team is inventing and implementing pioneering initiatives for Amazon deliveries and services. We are laser focused on enhancing customer experience through next generation technologies, and are seeking exceptional, entrepreneurial Principal Product Manager to help drive this mission.
As a Principal Product Manager working on Key by Amazon, you will help build a product roadmap and a coherent customer experience across an array of products that will revolutionize how people manage access to different places in their life. You will work closely with software and hardware engineering teams, program managers, user experience designers, marketing managers, and with internal product stakeholders across the company (e.g., Smart Home, Alexa, AWS, etc.) and our external network of strategic partners. This role is a great fit for someone who thrives in a dynamic environment, and who is sensitive to the diverse perspectives of stakeholders and works with them to resolve differences. We’re looking for customer experience-minded entrepreneurs who are passionate about innovating on behalf of customers, demonstrate a high degree of product ownership, and want to have fun while making history.
It is still Day 1 at Amazon, and we need a creative problem-solver with exceptional judgment and the ability to deliver business results under ambiguous circumstances and tight timelines. The ideal candidate has a passion for smart home combined with an established track record delivering break-out consumer software experiences.
- Define the long term strategy and vision for access management, leveraging new technologies to deliver features to our customers
- Work with technical and non-technical stakeholders to understand and improve product capabilities.
- Analyze customer feedback and usage metrics to identify key pain points.
- Build innovative concepts and successfully champion them through senior management and other teams.
- Drive requirement definition, customer experience design, product roadmap and prioritization
- Define and own the business metrics and KPIs for our products and services
- Partner across the Ring organization and the Amazon ecosystem to understand their customer needs and influence adoption of new services
- Analyze the business opportunity to externalize more of our services to 3rd-party partners
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Science, Engineering, or Technology
- 10+ years of product management experience
- Experience leading cross-functional and cross-company teams to deliver products and projects on tight deadlines
- Experience working and shipping customer-facing as well as infrastructure software products
- Experience coordinating complex product development cycles and software development schedules
- MBA or Master’s degree
- Passion for creating innovative solutions for consumers
- Experience delivering consumer software products and services in a high growth environment
- Ideal candidate should have consumer electronics product knowledge with emphasis on communication devices using industry standard protocols such as Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, ZigBee, etc.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior executives
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data
Ring's mission is to make neighborhoods safer by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of home security products and services. The Ring product line, along with the Ring Neighbors app, enable Ring to offer affordable, complete, proactive home and neighborhood security in a way no other company has before. In fact, two Newark, NJ neighborhoods saw an over 50 percent decrease in home break-ins after Ring Video Doorbells and Spotlight Cams were installed on 11% of homes in the communities from April-July 2018 when compared to the same time period in 2017. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you’re always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or genetics.