Software Engineer - Web
Engineering – Engineering / Software
Ring is looking for a Web Development Engineer to join our Engineering team in Malvern, PA. You will design and develop web applications for next generation connected consumer electronic devices. Working as a part of a full stack team, you will be able to contribute to the Web Application as well as other layers of the product stack.
- Design and build Web Application components for consumption and usage.
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications through architectural input and mentoring peers
- Collaborate with a cross-functional agile team to define, design, and ship new features
- Contribute to other areas of the application, like backend services or mobile applications
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- 3+ years of experience with Web architectures and services
- 3+ years of experience with HTTP
- 3+ years of experience using Angular/JS 2 or above
- 3+ years of experience using REST APIs)
- 3+ years of experience using React, Vue.JS, or NodeJS
- 3+ years of experience creating automated unit tests
- 3+ years of experience developing Web applications for different client screen sizes
- 3+ years using code versioning tools such as Git
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject, or equivalent experience
- Experience in developing a full stack product and contributing to other areas of the stack, either mobile applications or back-end service development
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features
- Working knowledge of the general web landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
Ring's mission is to make neighborhoods safer by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of home security products and services. The Ring product line, along with the Ring Neighbors app, enable Ring to offer affordable, complete, proactive home and neighborhood security in a way no other company has before. In fact, two Newark, NJ neighborhoods saw an over 50 percent decrease in home break-ins after Ring Video Doorbells and Spotlight Cams were installed on 11% of homes in the communities from April-July 2018 when compared to the same time period in 2017. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visitwww.ring.com. With Ring, you’re always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or genetics.