Lead DevOps Engineer
Santa Monica, CA
Engineering / DevOps
Ring is looking for an ambitious Lead DevOps Engineer to join a fun, hard working, team that is dedicated to building a system that is always reliable and available to our customers. The ideal candidate will be excited to work in a fast-pace, challenging, rapidly scaling environment. Must be an excellent team player, yet able to manage their own projects, big and small.
- Lead and develop global teams of engineers, growing their knowledge and skillset
- Administer, monitor, and deploy systems and services on AWS and cloud platforms
- Help lead initiatives for upgrading and scaling our systems to improve availability, reliability, and performance
- Support other technical teams in monitoring operating efficiencies of the platform, and responding as needs arise
- Recommend alternative design and platform decisions (not always green-field)
- Collaborating with technical leads to integrate an end-to-end design that's well documented
5+ years of experience in:
- Managing a multi-region environment, 100+ Linux servers (Debian, Ubuntu, RedHat, CentOS)
- Managing systems with configuration management (Puppet, Chef, Salt, Ansible)
- Working in a high traffic, fault tolerant, & highly available 24/7/365 environment
- Logging/Monitoring tools (DataDog, Kibana, AirBrake, Runscope)
- Scripting (Bash/Python/Ruby/Perl/PHP)
- Continuous integration/deployment in AWS and cloud environments
- Participating in a 24/7 on call rotation
3+ years of experience with:
- AWS - EC2, ELB, Route53, AutoScaling, IAM, S3, RDS, Elastic cache
- Managing global environments
Ring's mission is to reduce crime in neighborhoods and empower consumers by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of smart home security products: Ring Video Doorbell, Ring Video Doorbell Pro, Ring Stick Up Cam and the new Ring Floodlight Cam. With these security devices, Ring has created the neighborhood watch for the digital age and continues to keep homes around the world safe. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you're always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants with our regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ring LLC. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.