Lead Software Engineer
Santa Monica, CA
Engineering / Software
Ring is looking for talented Lead Full-Stack Engineer to help development of the backend APIs that bring our products to life.
Unlike most other software gigs in Santa Monica, we’re developing physical products for consumers at Ring, which makes for a unique work environment. Our engineering team is full stack in the truest sense of the term, from web and mobile applications all the way down to firmware and electrical engineering. We are a team of inventors dedicated to building world-class products.
You are a good candidate if these describe you
- You have a BS in Computer Science (or a similar degree, or comparable work experience)
- 5+ years of experience with Ruby (GoLang is preferred)
- 4+ years of experience building production applications at scale (think millions of requests per day)
- You’re comfortable working with systems composed of small services
- Familiarity with PostgreSQL or some other SQL DB
- You are well-versed in AWS and have built apps leveraging its offerings (S3, SNS/SQS, DynamoDB, ELB, etc.)
- You like to achieve great things by working in an iterative fashion
Bonus points if
- You are a huge fan of home automation; if there’s a mundane home device that can be made smart, you own one
- You have used Docker in a production environment
- You have experience with Hadoop, Redshift, Hive, or Presto
- You have some open-source work you can share with us
Ring's mission is to reduce crime in neighborhoods and empower consumers by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of smart home security products: Ring Video Doorbell, Ring Video Doorbell Pro, Ring Stick Up Cam and the new Ring Floodlight Cam. With these security devices, Ring has created the neighborhood watch for the digital age and continues to keep homes around the world safe. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you're always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants with our regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ring LLC. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.