Client Support Engineer
Santa Monica, CA
Engineering – IT / Security
Ring (www.ring.com) is looking for a Client Support Engineer to join our Information Technology team!
This role will act as the senior member of the internal client IT services team with the primary focus of supporting & improving the technology experience for all team members at Ring. Examples of short & long term goals include owning the administration of identity management infrastructure based around G Suite, Okta, and Microsoft Active Directory; Take on ownership of managing network infrastructure at local and remote offices utilizing Cisco Meraki technology; Being the role model to other IT team members in supporting a largely MacOS based environment including working knowledge of Jamf Pro software management; Assisting in implementing MDM & BYOD management solutions for a heavily remote-based workforce; acting as a central engineering resource for Ring IT program management team to utilize for project planning using scrum ideologies. Being successful in this role requires a strong personal drive to improve existing systems, and provide a living, breathing template for other junior team members to strive toward.
The ideal candidate will have a proven and demonstrable track record of being the senior desktop support or client support engineer in complex infrastructures, as well as a rich history in balancing day-to-day ticket queue management along with acting as owner of small to medium implementation projects. Unquestionable comfort in acting as the spokesperson for the helpdesk, and a key member of the project planning process is price-of-admission.
- Quickly adapt to a cutting-edge environment, and identify the key projects that your experience will provide the most impact
- Take ownership of existing projects and act as a catalyst to get them moving again
- Manage a timeline of deliverables, including measurements of success & real-time analysis of the impact being provided
- Stay abreast of concurrent projects being run by other internal teams, both inside and outside of the IT group to identify potential conflicts or redundancies
- Occasionally interface with outside vendors, third party support teams, and various external resources to accomplish aspects of projects provided by leadership
- Act as a contributor in supporting product, process, and project improvements both planned and unplanned
- Interface with internal teams to identify opportunities where the IT group can provide assistance
- Identify underutilized resources to reduce wastes in cost or time management
- Take leadership in managing the client experience for all team members at Ring, including day-to-day ownership/management of the internal technical ticket queue
- Work within a junior engineering department under the direction of project managers to advance projects using scrum/Kanban ideologies
- 2+ years of experience providing advanced tier desktop support in an enterprise IT environment
- 2+ years of experience with ticketing platforms such as ServiceNow, Remedy, Freshworks, and/or Jira Service Desk
- 2+ years supporting MacOS environments including experience with the Jamf Pro computer management platform
- 1+ years maintaining hosted environments utilizing G Suite, Okta, and/or cloud-based directories
- 1+ years of experience supporting directory infrastructure including or similar to Microsoft AD
- 1+ years of experience standing up & migrating identity management environments
- 1+ years of experience working with Atlassian products (Confluence, Jira) with specific experience related to working within sprints utilizing scrum/Kanban ideologies
- 2+ years of experience creating and/or migrating identity management environments
- 1+ years of experience with Cisco based networking technologies including Meraki products
- 1+ years of experience managing AWS & Github environments
- Demonstrable knowledge of management languages including Bash, Shell, Cisco iOS, PowerShell and/or Python
- Demonstrable project management skills with focuses on virtualization, automation, & current system improvement
Since its founding in 2013, Ring has been on a mission to make neighborhoods safer. From the video doorbell, to Ring Alarm, which was named #1 in Customer Satisfaction for DIY Home Security Systems by J.D. Power, Ring’s smart home security product line, as well as the Neighbors app, offer users affordable whole-home and neighborhood security. At Ring, we are committed to making home and neighborhood security accessible and effective for everyone -- while working hard to bring communities together. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you’re always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants with our regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ring Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.