Santa Monica, CA
Creative / Design
Ring has a mission to reduce crime in neighborhoods. With affordable solutions that work on any home, Ring is committed to offering smart security that's accessible to everyone.
Our marketing design team is looking for an exceptional design lead to craft beautiful, smart, and customer-focused digital and brand experiences. You will collaborate with designers, strategists, copywriters and cross functional teams to develop creative concepts, executing original and innovating design and storytelling as well as overseeing projects all the way through execution. As a tastemaker and storyteller on the team, you will advocate for design excellence with both hands-on building and meeting with partners. You will contribute to the creative vision, and collaborate with a team that defines and designs digital and brand experiences and the interaction, visual, and motion design patterns for Ring on and offline.
You're driven to design brand stories that connect with customers and take delight in building new brands from the ground up focused on brand stories to engage customers hearts and stomachs. You are both imaginative and pragmatic, and has proven your ability to motivate those around you with your vision and dedication to excellence.
- Work with Creative Directors and the design team to develop design concepts, gather information, discuss alternatives, gain approval and review design specifications
- Fluency in understanding and interpreting strategy to developing initial concepts
- Design beautiful, useful, and desirable digital and brand experiences in a team environment
- Strong understanding of digital and social platforms as well as their use within marketing
- Exceptional design skills, including layout, typography, video, motion, design patterns, and copywriting
- Create user-centered designs by considering analysis, customer feedback, site metrics, and usability findings
- Design information architecture, interface, and interaction flow of applications and experiences
- Develop conceptual diagrams, wireframes, visual mockups, click-throughs, and prototypes
- Work with project managers to plan projects for effective delivery while maintaining high standards for design
- Be a passionate and effective advocate for design with non-design audiences
- Write effectively to communicate design rationales and benefits to Ring customers
- 10+ years’ relevant industry experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Interaction Design, Graphic Design, or equivalent design-related field
- Experience working in a collaborative team and working directly with developers for implementation of designs
- Experience using best practices for mobile and web-based information architecture and design, as well as knowledge of usability principles and techniques
- Experience in a variety of design tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator and Sketch
- Fluency and experience in the design thinking process
- Experience with research and human-centered design with a portfolio or samples of work demonstrating experience creating user-centered design solutions
- Experience with consumer brand experience design and a understanding of storytelling
- Ability to extract complex concepts and quickly turn around rigorous flows and mockups reflecting a range of options
- Visual design expertise demonstrated through mockups and style guides
- Additional design skills in related fields, including art direction, filmmaking, motion design, and prototyping
- Experience in designing cross platform experiences
- Ability to drive the design review cycle and close on design requirements independently
- Experience working in design consulting where presentation to clients and executives are core proficiencies
- Proficiency in presenting design work to user experience teams, product and engineering teams, and executives for review and feedback
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
Ring's mission is to reduce crime in neighborhoods and empower consumers by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of smart home security products: Ring Video Doorbell, Ring Video Doorbell Pro, Ring Stick Up Cam and the new Ring Floodlight Cam. With these security devices, Ring has created the neighborhood watch for the digital age and continues to keep homes around the world safe. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you're always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ring Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age