Sr. RF Engineer
Santa Monica, CA
Engineering / Hardware
Ring is looking for a Senior RF Engineer to join one of the fastest growing home automation device companies. You will help design and build Ring’s RF capabilities in our goal to have the best in class RF in the industry. You will work closely with the engineering teams to choose chipsets as well as optimize mechanical and electrical designs for RF performance. You will also lead and manage external consultants and 3rd parties in the design and testing of new products.
- Own Ring’s RF performance on our product offering and drive it to be best in class
- Build Ring’s RF testing capabilities including test plans, equipment selection and training and management of RF test engineers
- Manage consultants and third party labs in the design and testing products and antennas
- Characterize and compare different wireless chipsets and drive selection
- Characterize and compare antenna performances and drive selection
- Root causing RF field related issues.
- Work with Electrical Engineers to optimize board layouts for RF
- Work with Mechanical Engineers to optimize design and mechanical structure for RF
- Experience in radio and front end design in 400MHz to 5GHz RF ISM band
- Experience in encoding methods and modulation schemes such as OFDM, Frequency hopping, QAM, GFSK, convolution encoding, STBC
- Familiar with RF emissions requirements and testing for FCC, ETSI, etc.
- Experience debugging RF issues. Setting up, running and evaluation of TIS, TRP, BER, Return Loss, radiation patterns, etc
- Familiar with RF simulation tools like ADS
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills with an ability to motivate teams and deliver results
- 8+ years of RF design/testing experience
- BS or MS in RF/Electrical Engineering
- Familiar with one or more common MAC layer protocols. WiFi, BLE, Zigbee, Z-wave etc and or be willing to learn and build expertise in this area.
- Familiar with finite element electromagnetic field solver tools such as ANSYS HFSS
- C or python coding experience.
Ring's mission is to reduce crime in neighborhoods and empower consumers by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of smart home security products: Ring Video Doorbell, Ring Video Doorbell Pro, Ring Stick Up Cam, Ring Floodlight Cam, and the new Alarm Security systems. With these security devices, Ring has created the neighborhood watch for the digital age and continues to keep homes around the world safe. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you're always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation