Engineering / Embedded
Ring is looking for an entry level Embedded Firmware Engineer to develop in C on embedded processors for consumer electronic devices at our Ring Solutions office in Malvern, Pa. We need a strong C programmer who also understands hardware design and the basics of embedded development. The engineer will work in our Systems Team alongside other engineers developing embedded firmware on a variety of microprocessors for our IoT and security devices. Other responsibilities will include development using embedded RTOS, working with various RF radio protocols and developing manufacturing test software. This opportunity provides a rich learning experience in the world of security and embedded IoT devices.
- Work with the other embedded firmware and hardware engineers to develop embedded IoT end devices.
- Write firmware for IoT based devices to connect via a variety of standard and proprietary protocols.
- Assist in custom hardware bring up
- Test embedded hardware and firmware as well as perform test driven development where applicable.
- Maintain or enhance current embedded code.
- Incorporate builds into continuous integration where applicable.
- Some travel may be required.
- Offer occasional assistance to Technical Support
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
- Knowledge and ability to program in C
- Ability to read and understand schematics
- Embedded firmware experience for microprocessors
- Familiarity of ARM Cortex – M microprocessors
- Strong knowledge of communication protocols (I2C, SPI, RS-232, RS-485 etc.) Prefer experience in I2C and SPI
- Experience using Git
- Knowledge of Embedded RTOS
- Understand of Continuous Integration
- Passionate about finding and fixing problems
- Passionate about gadgets and smart devices
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- The individual must be well organized, methodical, and detail-oriented. A self-starter who is capable of identifying problems, taking initiative to propose solutions, and successfully executing plans.
Ring's mission is to reduce crime in neighborhoods and empower consumers by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of smart home security products: Ring Video Doorbell, Ring Video Doorbell Pro, Ring Stick Up Cam, Ring Floodlight Cam, and the new Alarm Security systems. With these security devices, Ring has created the neighborhood watch for the digital age and continues to keep homes around the world safe. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you're always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation