Program Manager (Security and Compliance)
Santa Monica, CA
Product / Program / Project Management
Ring is seeking an experienced, self-motivated program manager who possess a unique balance of Security & Compliance depth and program management skills to join our Security and Compliance Team. They must thrive in fast-paced environments, drive innovative process changes through multiple organizations and teams, and simultaneously support several projects at once influencing a growing global organization.
- Help drive GDPR, ISO27001, IS027018 and PCI program, with SOC down the line
- Technical background being familiar with AWS cloud services, Open Source and other modern technologies
- Needs to be able to translate business and legal requirements to technical implementation
- Assist compliance programs by assessing control frameworks and compliance risks, facilitating meetings with auditors and fulfilling evidence requests.
- Operate a rhythm of the business for managing changes to the control environment and in the preparing of audits; guide control owners in documenting their own control activities and confirm readiness of controls for audit and/or certification.
- Drive process improvements and control implementation projects in coordination with key stakeholders and the service teams. This includes the resolution of audit findings, and the execution of projects originated from internal assessments.
- Be the ‘front line’ in liaising with auditors, improve documentation, track progress and performance, coordinate all improvement efforts, monitor process improvement effectiveness, and regularly communicate and present to leadership teams.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent Computer Science or Engineering.
- 5 years of experience as a program manager working cross-functionally.
- Experience in privacy, security, or compliance working with attorneys.
- Privacy Shield, EU Model Clauses or other privacy certification.
- Experience working on initiatives related to General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- Data query, reporting, and quantitative analysis.
- Strong track record of KPI management and delivery.
- Comfortable navigating ambiguity.
- Proven communicator with excellent written and verbal communications skills.
Ring's mission is to reduce crime in neighborhoods and empower consumers by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of smart home security products: Ring Video Doorbell, Ring Video Doorbell Pro, Ring Stick Up Cam and the new Ring Floodlight Cam. With these security devices, Ring has created the neighborhood watch for the digital age and continues to keep homes around the world safe. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you're always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants with our regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ring LLC. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.