General Manager - Pro / Installed Solutions
Santa Monica, CA
Sales / Biz Dev
Ring is looking for a Strategic Business Leader to head up our Pro Channel/Installed Solutions business unit to oversee the Go-To-Market strategy for all professionally installed verticals. These verticals include Distributors, Custom Integrators, Security, National Home Builders, HVAC, Electrician, Real Estate channels in order to achieve our goal: to reduce crime in neighborhoods.
As the group leader, you will be responsible for developing and driving the overall channel strategy, identifying growth opportunities, driving the strategic development of partners and growing and developing relationships at all levels the verticals.
Internally, you will work closely with a team of account managers, field sales, and cross functionally with GTM and Retail marketing groups, to ensure we provide a high-level marketing, assortment, and operations support for the channel. The core purpose of this role is drive sustained sales growth, drive a vision for the channel with your established partners while identifying new business opportunities in non-traditional Consumer Electronics channels (Distributors, HVAC & Security Dealers).
- Relationship Management - Identify and cultivate channel relationships with influencers in the verticals.
- Development Skills – Ability to move initiatives from concept to reality: develop product, negotiate agreements, create & validate P&L, gain internal buy-in within organization and own all decisions required to execute with speed and precision.
- Leadership- Manage a team of scrappy Account & Field Managers focused on account management and including sales forecasting by providing channel insights and contribute to the sell-through forecast process by developing an intimate understanding of your business.
- Partnerships - Forge an important bond by working side-by-side with your GTM/Marketing counterparts to ensure a high level of marketing, training, and support for your business.
- Make significant progress within the Home Builders, Distributor channel through identifying partners that have the most opportunity for growth and managing distribution channels.
- Establish great working relationships across the company to help invent progressive ways to improve how we come to market and how the business can further expand and support the channel.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of Sales or Business Development experience within CE/AV/Home Builder industry
- 5+ years of experience identifying and executing successful large-scale, high impact partnership deals
- 5+ years of experience leading a sales organization
- Experience building detailed business models and owning a P&L
- Experience structuring and negotiating complex agreements
- Proficient oral and written communications skills
- Self-motivator that thrives in an ever-changing environment
- Progressive outside of the box thinker
Ring's mission is to reduce crime in neighborhoods and empower consumers by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of smart home security products: Ring Video Doorbell, Ring Video Doorbell Pro, Ring Stick Up Cam and the new Ring Floodlight Cam. With these security devices, Ring has created the neighborhood watch for the digital age and continues to keep homes around the world safe. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you're always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ring complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.