Associate Creative Director
Santa Monica, CA
Marketing – Creative / Design
Ring has a mission to reduce crime in neighborhoods. With affordable solutions that work on any home, Ring is committed to offering smart security that's accessible to everyone.
Our marketing design team is looking for an exceptional Associate Creative Director (Art) to craft beautiful, smart, and customer-focused digital and brand experiences. You will collaborate with designers, strategists, copywriters and cross functional teams to develop creative concepts, execute original and innovative design and storytelling, as well as overseeing projects all the way through execution. As a tastemaker and storyteller on the team, you will advocate for design excellence. You will contribute to the creative vision, and collaborate with a team that defines and designs digital and brand experiences and the interaction, visual, and motion design patterns. This is a hands-on role responsible for both conceptual and executional work.
- Work with Creative Directors and the design team to deliver creative work that helps Ring exceed its business objectives
- Responsible for end-to-end delivery of the creative process -- actively participate in creative briefings, develop & execute creative concepts (both independently and with the team), determine solutions/alternatives when necessary, and present work to stakeholders.
- Fluency in understanding and interpreting strategy to developing initial concepts
- Design beautiful, useful, and desirable digital and brand experiences in a team environment
- Strong understanding of digital and social platforms as well as their use within marketing
- Exceptional design skills, including layout, typography, video, motion, design patterns, and copywriting
- Create user-centered designs by considering analysis, customer feedback, site metrics, and usability findings
- Work with project managers to plan projects for effective delivery while maintaining high standards for design
- Provide external vendors with creative direction/art direction
- Be a passionate and effective advocate for design with non-design audiences
- Mentorship of junior designers and creatives
- 7+ years of relevant industry experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Advertising, or equivalent design-related field
- Experience in a variety of design tools such as Adobe Creative Suite
- Deep digital advertising experience; traditional advertising experience a plus
- Web-based portfolio exhibiting digital, social, and print work
- Experience working closely with cross-functional teams (product, strategy, media, production, etc…)
- Experience with consumer brand experience design and an understanding of storytelling
- Additional design skills in related fields, including art direction, filmmaking, motion design, and prototyping
- Experience in designing cross platform experiences
- Experience working in design consulting where presentation to clients and executives are core proficiencies
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well as both a team player and leader
- Ability to stay calm under pressure and tight deadlines
- A positive, entrepreneurial spirit
- Customer-focused thinking
Ring's mission is to reduce crime in neighborhoods by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of home security products and services. The Ring product line, along with the Ring Neighbors app, enable Ring to offer affordable, complete, proactive home and neighborhood security in a way no other company has before. In fact, two Newark, NJ neighborhoods saw an over 50 percent decrease in home break-ins after Ring Video Doorbells and Spotlight Cams were installed on 11% of homes in the communities from April-July 2018 when compared to the same time period in 2017. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you’re always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or genetics.