Software Development Engineer
Santa Monica, CA
Engineering – Engineering / Software
Ring’s mission is to reduce crime in neighborhoods and empower consumers by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of smart home security products: Ring Video Doorbell, Ring Video Doorbell Pro, Ring Stick Up Cam and the new Ring Floodlight Cam. With these security devices, Ring has created the neighborhood watch for the digital age and continues to keep homes around the world safe. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you’re always home.
We are looking for a Software Development Engineer to support our Community Support team. Our call center teams support our neighbors 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year, and are critical in helping us continue our mission to reduce crime in neighborhoods.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about quality, consistency, maintainability, performance, security and all the other things that make great software great. You will own the design, development, and delivery of multiple customer service tools and serve in support of other internal team members. You will have a direct impact on your customers and the opportunity to build world-class customer service tools in a growing team.
This position requires collaboration with other engineers, product managers, technical program managers and partner teams, necessitating a comfort-level with ambiguity and a desire to create, iterate and improve. This is an opportunity to come in early, have owner-level impact and shape the product strategy for the Operations and Engineering organizations within Ring.
- Design, create, and update functionality for the tools, systems, software, and sites that support our CS team
- Identify opportunities to improve the user experience for the platforms, increase efficiency, and informational flow
- Engage internal teams (CS, engineering, QA, Product, Marketing, HR, etc.) and external parties for help in implementing features
- Create data links, Lambdas, and APIs necessary for the successful delivery of content
- Compile reports and metrics on the effectiveness of development projects
- Consult on database development and informational management and implement the same
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
- 3+ years professional experience in software development using backend programming languages Ruby or Python
- 3+ years experience programming with SQL or other relational databases
- Experience with AWS services such as EC2, S3, and AWS IoT
- AWS Certification (ie AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner, AWS Certified Developer, AWS SysOps Administrator)
- Experience working with programming frameworks Ruby on Rails or Node.JS
- Familiarity with JIRA, Confluence or other project management software.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
Ring's mission is to reduce crime in neighborhoods by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of home security products and services. The Ring product line, along with the Ring Neighbors app, enable Ring to offer affordable, complete, proactive home and neighborhood security in a way no other company has before. In fact, two Newark, NJ neighborhoods saw an over 50 percent decrease in home break-ins after Ring Video Doorbells and Spotlight Cams were installed on 11% of homes in the communities from April-July 2018 when compared to the same time period in 2017. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you’re always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or genetics.