Sr. Product Manager (Devices)
Santa Monica, CA
Product / Program / Project Management
Ring is seeking a results-oriented, seasoned product manager to join the devices team to improve our existing products as well as develop new products that help reduce crime in neighborhoods. The Devices team is responsible for Ring Video Doorbells, Ring Security Cameras, Ring Wi-Fi extenders and many other products.
As a Senior Product Manager for Ring, you will be accountable for delivering world-class devices on aggressive schedules, that will be used every day, by people all over the world. You will define products that deliver innovation in user experience and performance and will drive cross-functional teams to bring those products to market. A successful candidate will be analytical with strong business judgement, able to be highly effective under self-direction, and adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies and capabilities into high quality, easy to use products that people love. You will also help define and drive the vision and roadmap of Ring’s emerging technologies product team, helping Ring stay on the forefront of technology, design, and user experience trends.
If you are comfortable with ambiguity and competing priorities, are self-directed, can handle the pressures of a fast-paced environment, can plan with foresight and execute with precision, are willing to step outside your role/job description to successfully meet deadlines, can navigate changes with grace, and are capable of owning a product lifecycle, then this is a perfect role for you.
- Drive a cross-functional team comprised of engineering, marketing, business intelligence and community support to deliver on aggressive timelines and schedules with quality
- Develop detailed, crisp business requirements and user stories that can be used to create technical product specifications and architecture for your product
- Persuasively articulate both business/user value as well as complex technical concepts to a variety of audiences in both verbal and written formats
- Manage prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, performance, and operational support load
- Use all types of data as dimensions to inform decisions and the product roadmap.
- Manage prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, performance, profitability, and operational support load
- Define and implement release plans, reporting, and continual improvements to the product
- Effectively communicate and manage changes and expectations to project scope and schedule
- Communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively across disciplines and levels in the organization
- Garner buy-in of your products and the larger vision with both internal and external key stakeholders
- Proactively identify and resolve strategic and/or tactical issues that impair the teams’ ability to meet goals
- Bachelor’s Degree is required, preferably in a technical discipline
- 5+ years of experience leading product development in a product management capacity
- Direct experience leading the development and launch of consumer electronics device(s), including both hardware and software components
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to use quantitative and qualitative data to drive improvements
- Drive dialog with engineering teams and program management from multiple products to deliver integrated services
- Broad technical breadth, including familiarity and/or experience with video systems, embedded systems, CV, connectivity/networking, mobile technologies, and web services
- Expert knowledge of project management methods and tools
- MBA and/or Advanced technical degree
- Demonstrated history of successfully bringing brand new technologies and/or categories to market
- Demonstrated ability to champion the voice of other stakeholders in your products
- Strong team-orientation with proven track record of taking ownership and delivering results
- Ability to uncover data insights and clearly communicate them to others
- Demonstrated history driving technical development in a project/program management capacity, including development of and reporting on complex program schedules
- Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
Ring's mission is to reduce crime in neighborhoods and empower consumers by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of smart home security products: Ring Video Doorbell, Ring Video Doorbell Pro, Ring Stick Up Cam and the new Ring Floodlight Cam. With these security devices, Ring has created the neighborhood watch for the digital age and continues to keep homes around the world safe. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you're always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.