Engineering Program Manager
Santa Monica, CA
Engineering / Embedded
Ring is looking for a Engineering Program Manager to join a rapidly growing team. You will help Engineering teams deliver on complex programs of projects and engage with various departments to manage short and long-term needs for our products. You will work closely with other Project Managers to coordinate the execution of complex business needs, while simultaneously keeping your teams focused on hitting their own commitments. Project Managers at Ring must be capable of sorting through many competing priorities, defining processes that improve execution, championing Engineering best practices, executing with precision, and succeeding in a complex and fast paced environment. If that challenge excites you, then we’d like to talk to you.
What you'll do
- Collaborate with business, Engineering, and other internal teams to define and own business needs
- Act as Scrum Master for one or more Engineering teams, while also helping prioritize requests from multiple stakeholdersLead global and local Engineering teams and foster an environment of continuous improvement
- Effectively communicate changes and manage expectations around project scope and schedule
- Proactively solve day-to-day challenges and exercise sound judgment
- Be a leader
What you'll need
- Technical background - BS in Computer Science or related Engineering field preferred
- 8+ years of Project Management experience – PMP and CSM certifications preferred
- Proven record of working with business and Engineering leadership to improve delivery
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills with an ability to motivate teams and deliver results
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams with a proven track record of delivery
- Demonstrated ability to use quantitative and qualitative data to drive improvements
- Expert level knowledge of software project management methodologies and tools
Ring's mission is to reduce crime in neighborhoods and empower consumers by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of smart home security products: Ring Video Doorbell, Ring Video Doorbell Pro, Ring Stick Up Cam and the new Ring Floodlight Cam. With these security devices, Ring has created the neighborhood watch for the digital age and continues to keep homes around the world safe. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you're always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants with our regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ring LLC. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.