Engineering – Engineering / Hardware
We are looking for a full-time administrative assistant to support our President of Ring Solutions (alarm division) and the team. The ideal candidate must be organized, detail oriented, have a knack for problem solving, have an ability to meet tight deadlines while juggling critical requests across teams, and enjoy helping others.
- Identify opportunities to improve work processes/flow to leverage your own and the department's workload. Stay up to date on internal administrative policies, practices and guidelines.
- Aids in office management, space planning, on-boarding new hires, catering/food orders, event planning, and swag and inventory management for respective teams.
- Aids in the management of calendars: Plans, negotiates, and schedules meetings to accommodate managers and others. Uses discretion and judgment to determine priority of meetings.
- Coordinates meetings with internal associates and external contacts. Schedules meeting rooms, badge access/visitor passes, and equipment as required. Drafts, collects and distributes supporting documentation.
- Manages domestic and international travel arrangements.
- Completes business expense claims promptly and follows up on reimbursements if necessary.
- Prepares presentation materials for meetings and director forums. Works with associates in other departments to gather data and trend information.
- Creates and maintains lists, files and databases to enhance efficiency and productivity. Organizes and maintains information that may be sensitive, confidential or technical in nature.
- Uses knowledge of the function and manager's role to independently resolve issues for managers, escalating and redirecting more technical inquiries as appropriate.
- Ability to grasp a high-level overview of charges’ teams in order to make confident decisions regarding operations (eg. Space planning, offsites/events, facility and admin needs).
- Works successfully in a team environment and alongside other admins within the business to build effective working relationships.
- Performs additional responsibilities and special projects as assigned.
- 3+ years of experience in an administrative role supporting leader/(s) in a mid-level to senior management position
- 2+ years of experience with MS Suite and GSuite; proficient MAC and PC skills
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- BA/BS Degree
- Experience working in tech, community support, entertainment, or marketing/advertising fields
- Demonstrates an understanding of other managers' needs, preferences and schedules in order to provide support and is also proactive with an ability to anticipate needs.
- Strong time management and organizational skills to juggle responsibilities and strategize regarding efficiency and priorities.
- Confident communicator (written and oral) skills, and an ability to work collaboratively
- Ability to uphold a high standard of integrity and discretion, tactfully handling high-level confidential matters
- Willingness to accept and embrace change in a fast-pace environment
- Great work ethic accompanied by a get-it-done attitude
Ring's mission is to make neighborhoods safer by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of home security products and services. The Ring product line, along with the Ring Neighbors app, enable Ring to offer affordable, complete, proactive home and neighborhood security in a way no other company has before. In fact, two Newark, NJ neighborhoods saw an over 50 percent decrease in home break-ins after Ring Video Doorbells and Spotlight Cams were installed on 11% of homes in the communities from April-July 2018 when compared to the same time period in 2017. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you’re always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or genetics.