Embedded Quality Assurance Engineer
Engineering – Engineering / QA
As an Embedded Quality Assurance Engineer working with the systems engineering team, you will join a group of hands-on, passionate, and seasoned professionals developing innovative life safety and lifestyle products. Testing is primarily focused on qualifying and releasing custom hardware, embedded Linux distributions, embedded firmware, and maintaining releases centered around Ring Alarm products.
- Qualify daily developer stories and tasks to approve for deployment
- Work with other QA members to develop test strategies to effectively qualify Ring products to meet high quality standards and release schedules
- Assist in developing test plans for embedded devices and embedded Linux platforms
- Understand component test strategies for product architecture and where necessary, make quality trade-off decisions at the feature level
- Assist in automation of implemented frameworks
- Simplify and extend team development, test, and operations processes; recommend and improve quality metrics
- Proactively report product readiness status to stakeholders and effectively apply solutions that assess and mitigate quality risks for product releases
- Troubleshoot and isolate bugs to help developers research the root cause of problems, and track defects through resolution
- Take ownership of problems (even when outside your own domain), propose solutions, and either drive their resolution or ensure a clear hand-off to the right owner
- Assist interns and new hires
- 1+ years of experience in testing Linux devices
- 1+ years of experience qualifying embedded Linux or IOT devices
- 1+ years of experience in a scripting language, such as python or bash/shell
- BS in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
- Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Experience with laboratory test equipment, oscilloscopes, power supplies, and meters.
- Experience working with alarm systems and life safety devices
- Knowledge and experience of Agile methodologies, tools and test process
- Rest API testing – Postman, SoapUI
- Experience with Tools / frameworks – Jira, Confluence, Jenkins, TestNG, TestRail
- Device integrations corresponding to Z-wave, Zigbee, Lutron, Alexa, Home kit
- Familiar with home security and home automation products
- Regulatory standards - UL, CP-O1, Alexa, iOS, Android, Z-wave, ZigBee, FCC, PTCRB
Since its founding in 2013, Ring has been on a mission to make neighborhoods safer. From the video doorbell, to Ring Alarm, which was named #1 in Customer Satisfaction for DIY Home Security Systems by J.D. Power, Ring’s smart home security product line, as well as the Neighbors app, offer users affordable whole-home and neighborhood security. At Ring, we are committed to making home and neighborhood security accessible and effective for everyone -- while working hard to bring communities together. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you’re always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants with our regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ring Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.