Head of Acquisition Marketing
Santa Monica, CA
Marketing – Marketing
Ring is seeking a Head of Acquisition Marketing to lead media buying and advertising strategy for our direct to consumer business. The Head of Acquisition Marketing will be responsible for strategizing, leading, managing and executing global programs that drive new user acquisition and brand growth for Ring. We are a fast moving, cross-functional, omnichannel, and customer-obsessed team that rewards delivering results.
This role is responsible for defining and implementing a strategic vision for both brand and performance advertising teams. The Head of Acquisition Marketing will lead an existing team of performance marketers and work collaboratively with go-to-market, product, channel marketing, and business intelligence to drive growth.
The successful candidate will have a documented history of driving direct to consumer brand growth through an omnichannel sales and marketing strategy. A commitment to teamwork, a test & learn mentality, a willingness to take well measured risks, and strong communication skills are absolute requirements. The Head of Acquisition Marketing has both succeeded and thrived in fast-paced environments where learning new concepts and adapting quickly is a requirement.
- Strategize, launch and optimize media strategies across all paid mediums including traditional, digital, and direct mail.
- Define long- and short-term global media and marketing roadmap to ensure resources are allocated to meet business needs
- Lead the exploration of emerging media channels to grow the business.
- Collaborate with e-commerce teams to create site experiences that meet performance goals
- Collaborate with sales team to manage promotional calendars and success metrics across multiple channels.
- Work with the team to report campaign performance on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
- Manage internal team and external partners to deliver scalable media solutions that grow the Ring business
- Mentor and develop an existing team of high-performing marketers and oversee agency relationships
- Meet financial objectives through annual budget preparation and ongoing forecasting and results analysis. Oversee regular reporting of KPIs across marketing channels
- Bachelor's degree
- 7+ years of marketing experience in a senior role
- 7+ years of direct to consumer performance marketing, leading teams with multiple layers of management depth and collaborating with cross functional teams
- Experience managing global media budgets at significant scale (>$50MM/yr) with both brand and performance advertising experience
- Experience growing and mentoring high-performing teams
- Ability to turn complex data and insights into easily understood data stories
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and planning skills
- Proficiency with analytics tools and web traffic reporting, and ability to do deep data analysis and drive recommendations to senior leadership
- Demonstrates organizational skills, flexibility and ability to produce results in a fast-paced environment
- Passion for learning and growing digital and performance marketing skills
- Self-starter and learner with a hands-on approach
- A good sense of prioritization and the ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Outstanding ability to think creatively, strategically, and identify & resolve problems
- Strong attention to detail
Ring's mission is to make neighborhoods safer by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of home security products and services. The Ring product line, along with the Ring Neighbors app, enable Ring to offer affordable, complete, proactive home and neighborhood security in a way no other company has before. In fact, two Newark, NJ neighborhoods saw an over 50 percent decrease in home break-ins after Ring Video Doorbells and Spotlight Cams were installed on 11% of homes in the communities from April-July 2018 when compared to the same time period in 2017. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you’re always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or genetics.