Shopper Marketing Manager - DIY
Santa Monica, CA
Marketing – Marketing
Ring is searching for a Retail Shopper Marketing Manager (RSMM) who will join our DIY/Hardware team with flexible location at our HQ in Santa Monica, CA or near our key accounts in Atlanta, GA and will report to the Head of Channel Marketing.
The RSMM will be responsible for developing shopper marketing and channel marketing programs in collaboration with Ring and DIY marketing teams (Home Depot, Lowes, Ace, True Value), to optimize engagement of smart home/home security shoppers at these key accounts while providing a platform for strategic selling and drive increased sell through. To be successful, the RSMM must strive to develop and maintain strong working relationships internally and with retailers collaborating with stakeholders to identify new opportunities, develop strategies, design programs, and then execute, measure, and evaluate them against agreed upon business goals and objectives.
- Lead shopper marketing program development for DIY accounts. Collaborate with Sales on assortment discussions and distribution expansion requests. Own the retail experience from a product, category, training, visual, and brand development perspective.
- Work with the teams to leverage marketing programs for strategic selling opportunities. Ensure that all relevant lenses are taken into consideration when developing retailer strategies and plans – the shopper, the retailer, and Ring.
- Thorough understanding of online, offline, and direct marketing principles and practices to develop and sustain strong partner relationships to deepen leadership position in category across strategic growth retailer, managing our existing portfolio as well as new product launches.
- Address the need for key marketing tools and education for DIY and Hardware dealers within Ace, True Value, through development and execution of marketing support programs. Develop and plan for key tools for key Distributor customers as well.
- Manage retailer specific marketing needs and overall execution including: promotion strategy execution, creative development, in-store POP and display execution, retailer .com and digital media and content needs.
- 5+ years of experience with marketing programs, building and managing retail marketing programs and operations in technology, CE, or retail industries.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years of experience working with 2-3 DIY retailers, such as Home Depot, Lowes, Ace, True Value, Orgill.
- Business oriented strategic thinker with an ability to implement and make sound decisions quickly and efficiently.
- High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
- Composed, poised and professional demeanor with the ability to work in high pressure environment.
- Demonstrated ability to clearly communicate and influence stakeholders outside of immediate team – sales, leadership, regional teams and other functions within Marketing.
- Strong project leadership and experience managing cross-functional working relationships that span internal and external partners
Since its founding in 2013, Ring has been on a mission to make neighborhoods safer. From the video doorbell, to Ring Alarm, which was named #1 in Customer Satisfaction for DIY Home Security Systems by J.D. Power, Ring’s smart home security product line, as well as the Neighbors app, offer users affordable whole-home and neighborhood security. At Ring, we are committed to making home and neighborhood security accessible and effective for everyone -- while working hard to bring communities together. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you’re always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants with our regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ring Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.