Head of Marketing – Neighbors
Santa Monica, CA
Marketing – Marketing
Ring helps connect communities to build safer neighborhoods. Ring is currently seeking a senior leader to head the Neighbors app marketing team to increase awareness, build the brand, and acquire new customers. The work will involve building and managing a team to do a combination of brand marketing, digital marketing and working closely with the Ring marketing team to educate and delight users.
You will own the strategy and execution of all paid and unpaid campaigns. You are an analytical thinker who is data driven, with a can-do attitude and flexibility to accommodate our evolving business needs. Being able to test, adjust, and launch experiments and initiatives in a high-growth environment will be critical. You have the ability to bring strategy, inspiration, innovation, campaign expertise, and thought leadership together to shape how the world – including our users, Ring customers, and the public– experience the Neighbors product and brand.
You thrive in a collaborative work environment and excel under pressure, with experience working on complex, time-critical projects. You are a seasoned marketing professional who works collaboratively with all levels and backgrounds and have experience creating, influencing, and developing brand storytelling. You are responsible for the success of performance-based lifecycle and acquisition/retention marketing campaigns for the Neighbors team.
- Manage the Neighbor's app marketing budget and user acquisition program with the goal of driving efficient user growth at scale from digital and offline media.
- Lead the Neighbor's CRM program utilizing email and push notifications to improve the entire customer life-cycle including acquisition, on-boarding, retention, engagement, reactivation, cross-sell, and activation of Ring users to the Neighbors app.
- Responsible for the communications strategy and brand narrative across all customer touch points.
- Build strong relationships across Ring and Amazon to educate and acquire customers
- Manage the Neighbors creative team to produce video and graphic designs for marketing and communications.
- Own marketing analytics, reporting, and performance analysis
- Hire, manage, mentor, and develop a team of marketers
- 8+ years of experience in digital marketing for consumer brands
- 4+ years of experience hiring and managing high-performing teams
- 4+ years of performance marketing experience
- Experience with optimizing the entire customer lifecycle including acquisition, on-boarding, engagement and retention
- Knowledge of the data-driven approach with a demonstrated ability to synthesize complex data into actionable insights and act on them
- Ability to marry insights & data with storytelling, narrative development, and messaging
- Experience building and scaling teams, budgets, tools, and programs
- Experience with marketing for mobile apps
- Detail oriented, and strong, proven project management skills. Demonstrated ability to juggle multiple priorities and complex projects
- MBA with emphasis in marketing, communication or related discipline
- Thinks strategically, but also able to lead tactical execution
- Strong creative instincts, supported by experience guiding creative input, development and execution from concept to completion
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
Ring's mission is to make neighborhoods safer by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of home security products and services. The Ring product line, along with the Ring Neighbors app, enable Ring to offer affordable, complete, proactive home and neighborhood security in a way no other company has before. In fact, two Newark, NJ neighborhoods saw an over 50 percent decrease in home break-ins after Ring Video Doorbells and Spotlight Cams were installed on 11% of homes in the communities from April-July 2018 when compared to the same time period in 2017. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you’re always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or genetics.