Sr. UX Designer: Devices
Santa Monica, CA
Creative / Design
At Amazon, we work hard to be the most customer-centric company on Earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you'd like to help us build the place to find and buy anything online, this is your chance to make history. Tired of just pushing another product out the door? Searching for a way to apply your UX skills to affect real change? Interested in how you can combine the humanitarian with the professional?
We are seeking a Sr. UX Designer to work on a brand new customer experience on Amazon. We're looking for a someone to create elegant, intuitive user interfaces that meet this unique customer need. You will work closely with other designers, product management, engineering and other design teams to successfully go from early stage product concept to launch. This program will grow quickly, will spur opportunities for innovation, and have a huge upshot on customers.
Come be a part of a team that’s shaping new innovations.
- Creating user-centered designs by understanding and leveraging business requirements, market analysis, customer feedback, site metrics, and usability findings.
- Designing conceptual wireframes, high-fidelity mockups, information architecture diagrams, interaction specifications, prototypes, and final graphics.
- Using Amazon's set of established design and visual patterns to strengthen consistency across Amazon products; when necessary, innovating and expanding Amazon standards to create world-class experiences.
- Performing metrics analysis post-launch to inform design/UX optimization efforts.
- Working closely with our Engineering team to ensure designs are executed as designed.
- Developing and nurturing relationships across teams and disciplines to promote collaboration and efficiency on Amazon projects.
- Presenting design work to teams and managers for review and feedback.
- Be resourceful and creative to overcome obstacles and turn challenges into opportunities.
- Last but not least, have fun in the process!
- At least 4 years of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar UX-related role.
- An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating relevant experience
- Fluency in best practices for information architecture and interaction design, user-centered design process, as well as strong knowledge of user experience principles and techniques.
- Experience working in a collaborative team and working directly with developers for implementation of designs.
- Strong practical knowledge of user-centered design methodologies, usability principles, web-based information architecture and design.
- Ability to work gracefully and have a bias for action in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous environment.
- Experience with UX design for complex workflows.
- Strong time management skills and the ability to be self-directed when needed.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present a strong rationale for design decisions.
- Proficiency using prototyping tools like Invision, Flinto, Framer, or Principle, and/or an ability to prototype directly in code.
Ring's mission is to reduce crime in neighborhoods and empower consumers by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of smart home security products: Ring Video Doorbell, Ring Video Doorbell Pro, Ring Stick Up Cam and the new Ring Floodlight Cam. With these security devices, Ring has created the neighborhood watch for the digital age and continues to keep homes around the world safe. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you're always home.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ring Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.