Wireless Engineer in Test
Santa Monica, CA
Engineering / Hardware
Ring is looking for a Software Development Engineer in Test to join one of the fastest growing home automation device companies. As a member of Ring's system architecture team, you will focus on wireless subsystem performance, features and power consumption to achieve excellent wireless connectivity solutions for our neighbors.
As a Software Development Engineer in Test, you will engage with an experienced wireless systems team to conceive, design, and develop highly connected consumer products. You must be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within a collaborative peer environment. You will need to work efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic team environment while dealing with multiple challenging problems. As a Software Development Engineer - Test, you will use your passion in coding and diagnostic testing to gather logs, reproduce vendor issues, stress prototypes, and suggest design improvements to systems algorithms. Your input will be key in supporting Ring's wireless strategy.
- Help in lab reproducing wireless connectivity issues and testing solutions.
- Write tools as necessary to test and validate new wireless algorithms.
- Documenting the performance of the devices in the different testing conditions
- Interpret testing results and be a vocal member of the team to guide direction and gauge quality.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or similar technical field, or equivalent software experience
- 3+ years of software code development and test automation
- 3+ years developing scripts in python
- 3+ years of experience in C/C++ development
- 3+ years of experience working in Linux environment
- 3+ years of experience working with networked platforms including Wi-Fi and BlueTooth/BLE
- 3+ years of experience working on embedded platforms
- Master’s degree in CS, CE or EE and 3+ years of experience in wireless QA
- Hands-on experience in testing Linux-based embedded networking devices
- Industry experience testing embedded Wi-Fi and/or BT products and protocols (Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac products, BT/BLE products/chips etc.)
- Experience in using tools like AirMagnet, AirPcap, WireShark, Omnipeek, QXDM, BT sniffer etc.
- Experience in setting up complex conducted and over-the-air test environments for WIFI and BT testing
- Good knowledge of Software development lifecycle and QA test processes
- Experience with BT connectivity related testing (1-2 years preferable)
- Strong networking fundamentals
- Good QA background and testing fundamentals(coursework OK)
- Experience with tools such as Jira, Jenkins
- Experience reading board schematics
- Experience working with power monitors (Monsoon or others).
- Experience working with RF equipment, signal generators, network analyzers, etc.
- SQL experience is a plus
Ring's mission is to reduce crime in neighborhoods and empower consumers by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of smart home security products: Ring Video Doorbell, Ring Video Doorbell Pro, Ring Stick Up Cam and the new Ring Floodlight Cam. With these security devices, Ring has created the neighborhood watch for the digital age and continues to keep homes around the world safe. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you're always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.