Technical Customer Service Support Agent
Community Support / Call Center
At Ring, an Amazon company, our Technical Customer Service Support Agents are a critical part of our mission to deliver timely, accurate, and professional customer service to all Ring customers (our neighbors). This vital position requires an action-oriented, flexible problem-solver who will assist our neighbors with troubleshooting solutions. Agents communicate with our neighbors primarily through phone, chat, and e-mail while utilizing a variety of software tools. If you are passionate about finding out of the box solutions when things get tricky, this role may be the right fit for you!
Our call center teams support our neighbors 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Here's What You'll Be Doing:
- Provide excellent customer service, including maintaining focus on the neighbor’s issue in a fast-paced environment
- Analyze, isolate, research, and effortlessly explain step by step technical troubleshooting solutions related to software or hardware
- Effectively communicate with neighbors while documenting conversations, exchanges, or sessions into multiple systems
- Demonstrate interpersonal skills with a diverse customer base
- Successfully translate complex technical information / instructions into a simple language that would ensure seamless troubleshooting
- Demonstrate conflict resolution, negotiation, and de-escalation skills
- Resolve unique hardwiring inquiries within various Ring products
- Successfully consult with neighbors to uncover additional product needs
Do You Have What It Takes?:
- Maintain regular and reliable attendance, including the daily schedule as assigned
- Flexible with the working schedule; may be expected to work weekends, holidays and events
- Ability to work overtime as required by business, most often occurring in the weeks surrounding the holiday seasons
- Ability to commit to a minimum of either 5 days per week/8 hours per day or 4 days per week/10 hours per day shift between the hours of 5:00AM – 12:00AM any day of the week including at least one weekend day (possibly both) based on business needs and holidays
- A minimum of one year in a customer service role
- One to two years of technical customer service preferred
- Qualified candidates will be comfortable in a multi-tasking, high-energy environment; They will be creative and analytical problem solvers with a passion for excellent customer service
- In-depth knowledge of Wi-Fi technologies (devices/connectivity)
- Proficient with Mac systems, as well as software applications including web browsers and a variety of call center ticketing/call tracking systems
- Basic awareness about Ring’s devices
- Ability to concentrate – follow neighbor’s issues without distraction and render a resolution
- Good composition skills – ability to compose grammatically correct, concise, and accurate written responses and notations
- Work successfully in a team environment as well as independently
- Technically inclined with a drive to challenge existing processes and innovate
Perks Of Joining The Ring Team:
- Your very own complimentary Ring Doorbell
- A casual work environment
- Tons of growth opportunities with a fun atmosphere
- Potential for financial incentives for highly motivated agents!
- Benefits offers: Medical, Dental, Vision and 401K
Ring's mission is to reduce crime in neighborhoods and empower consumers by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of smart home security products: Ring Video Doorbell, Ring Video Doorbell Pro, Ring Stick Up Cam, Ring Floodlight Cam, and the new Ring Alarm. With these security devices, Ring has created the neighborhood watch for the digital age and continues to keep homes around the world safe. For more information, visit www.ring.com . With Ring, you're always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants with our regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ring LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.