Sr. Firmware QA Engineer
Santa Monica, CA
Engineering / QA
Ring is looking for a dedicated and talented Firmware QA Engineer to help us continue to build revolutionary products in the home security and monitoring space.
- Responsible for validation of test cases & scripts
- Build automation framework using Python
- Assist in the design and evolution of the company’s QA platform
- Identify and communicate risk & risk mitigation strategies
- Verify code patches and bug fixes.
- Executing black, grey, and white box tests on web-based hardware products.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- BA/BS degree in EE or CS or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience working with automation frameworks
- 5+ yeas of experience with RTOS and Linux on embedded platforms
- Experience in embedded systems development
- Experience with Wireshark and network protocol debugging
- 5+ years of experience creating units tests, smoke tests and regression tests across all types of tech stacks
- Experience writing SQL queries and turning data info meaningful results
Nice to have
- Experience debugging hardware and firmware
- Experience writing in C/C++
- Experience writing in Python
- Experience with 802.11 protocols
- Experience with low-powered systems
- Experience doing audio/video data streaming
- Comfortable with low-level debug tools (logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, multimeters)
- Familiarity with SQL databases and elastisearch
- The ability to root-cause failures across software, firmware, and hardware
Ring's mission is to reduce crime in neighborhoods and empower consumers by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of smart home security products: Ring Video Doorbell, Ring Video Doorbell Pro, Ring Stick Up Cam and the new Ring Floodlight Cam. With these security devices, Ring has created the neighborhood watch for the digital age and continues to keep homes around the world safe. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you're always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants with our regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ring LLC. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.