Sr. Product Manager - Technical
Santa Monica, CA
Product/Program/Project Management – Product / Program / Project Management
Ring is seeking a results-oriented, seasoned technical product manager to join the Data Management team to develop data platforms and services for product engineering and business analytics across all Ring departments.
As a Senior Product Manager for Ring, you will be accountable for delivering world-class data services on aggressive schedules, that will be used every day. You will define internal data services that deliver innovation in user experience and performance and will drive cross-functional teams to bring those services to production for end users. A successful candidate will be analytical with strong business judgement, highly effective under self-direction, and adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies and capabilities into high quality, easy to use services.
- Define and drive the business strategy for your data products, driven by internal and external analysis
- Develop detailed, crisp business requirements and user stories that can be used to create product specifications and architecture for each product
- Manage prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, performance, profitability, and operational support load
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, communicating complex concepts clearly and persuasively across all disciplines and levels in the organization
- Work alongside hardware and software teams to deliver your products on time and with quality
- Garner buy-in of your products and the larger vision with internal key stakeholders
- Proactively identify and resolve strategic and/or tactical issues that impair the team’s ability to meet goals
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years of experience leading product development in a product management capacity
- 5+ years of direct experience leading the development and launch of data systems and services or software products.
- MBA and/or advanced technical degree, from a top-tier program
- Demonstrated history of successfully bringing novel software services to market, such as those that integrate new technology, branch into new consumer segments or other market segments, or start new categories
- Demonstrated ability to champion the voice of other stakeholders in your products
- Strong team-orientation with proven track record of taking ownership and delivering results
- Ability to uncover data insights and clearly communicate them to others
- Ability to drive continuous improvement in product management functions and processes across the organization
- Demonstrated history driving technical development in a project/program management capacity, including development of and reporting on complex program schedules
- Broad technical breadth, including familiarity and/or experience with video systems, embedded systems, CV, connectivity/networking, mobile technologies, and web services
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time, including internationally
Since its founding in 2013, Ring has been on a mission to make neighborhoods safer. From the video doorbell, to Ring Alarm, which was named #1 in Customer Satisfaction for DIY Home Security Systems by J.D. Power, Ring’s smart home security product line, as well as the Neighbors app, offer users affordable whole-home and neighborhood security. At Ring, we are committed to making home and neighborhood security accessible and effective for everyone -- while working hard to bring communities together. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you’re always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants with our regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ring Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.