Program Manager - BI
Santa Monica, CA
Product/Program/Project Management – Product / Program / Project Management
We are seeking a resourceful, motivated BI / Program Manager to join the Ring/Amazon Key Operational Excellence team (OpEx) to help scale business operations and programs efficiently, while consistently advocating to improve the experience of our Customers.
In this role you will develop and support the analytic technologies that give our team flexible and structured access to their data, including implementation of a BI platform, defining metrics and KPIs, and automating reporting and data visualization. The role requires someone who can learn concepts quickly, apply them to solve problems and come up with creative solutions. The ideal candidate has strong customer obsession, attention to detail, analytical skills, can execute well to deliver results and a drive to improve the status quo and build solutions to scale.
The ideal candidate displays strong ownership and unique customer obsession, and provides recommendations based on data and metrics. You will need to be able to prioritize effectively in a fast-moving environment and influence peer teams (sometimes without formal authority) by communicating clearly and persuasively. In addition to providing analytics you will drive operational excellence within the programs you own, while partnering with Product Management, Sales/Marketing, Operations, and Finance teams.
- Design, implement, and support a platform providing ad hoc access to large datasets
- Interface with other technology teams to extract, transform, and load data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL
- Model data and metadata for ad hoc and pre-built reporting
- Interface with business customers, gathering requirements and delivering complete solutions
- Owning the design, development, and maintenance of these solutions
- Partnering with internal teams and using predictive analysis to generate and surfacing actionable recommendations that highlight opportunities to propel sales growth
- Continually improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes, automating or simplifying self-service support for customers
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ year of experience in SQL, database, and business intelligence and statistical analysis role
- Experience with Tableau or similar BI tools
- 5+ years of experience in MS Excel and VBA
- Prior experience in market research or analytics
- Experience in other BI tools is a plus
- Exposure to Amazon Redshift is desired but not required
- Strong team player and the ability to work in a diverse environment with people in various locations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Impeccable attention to detail, passion for processes, systems and data mining
Ring's mission is to make neighborhoods safer by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of home security products and services. The Ring product line, along with the Ring Neighbors app, enable Ring to offer affordable, complete, proactive home and neighborhood security in a way no other company has before. In fact, two Newark, NJ neighborhoods saw an over 50 percent decrease in home break-ins after Ring Video Doorbells and Spotlight Cams were installed on 11% of homes in the communities from April-July 2018 when compared to the same time period in 2017. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you’re always home.
Amazon / Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or genetics.