Junior DevOps Engineer/Technical Writer
Santa Monica, CA
Engineering – Engineering / DevOps
Ring has an exciting opportunity for a Junior DevOps Engineer/Technical Writer to help write documentation, build enterprise solutions, automation, and tooling for its platform service teams. This individual will join a first-class team of engineers to help solve complex architectural challenges. They will have direct access to industry leading solutions architects that will help develop great technology. The ideal candidate will be excited to work in a fast-pace, challenging, and rapidly scaling environment.
- Help document current release, deployment, runbooks, troubleshooting info, escalation procedures, technical requirements and other processes.
- Provide solutions, automation, and tooling for multiple platform service teams
- Administer, monitor, and deploy large scale systems and service solutions on AWS
- Collaborate with developers and engineers to integrate end-to-end design that's well documented
- Recommend alternative design and platform options
- Monitor communications channels, monitoring tools, and related systems to ensure awareness of system stability, health, and performance
- 3+ years of experience managing servers, networks, and infrastructure in a cloud environment
- 3+ years of experience working in a multi-region environment
- 3+ years of experience working in a high traffic, fault tolerant and high availability environment
- 3+ years of experience with a scripting language (bash/python/ruby)
- Experienced in writing technical documentation.
- Creating and editing documentation in Confluence.
- Familiarity with AWS – Codesuite, EC2, ELB, Route53, Autoscaling, IAM, S3, RDS, Elastic Cache
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced, innovative, and rapidly evolving industry and business organization
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to analyze problems and develop actionable and dedicated plans quickly
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences at the executive level
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship management skills
Ring's mission is to make neighborhoods safer by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of home security products and services. The Ring product line, along with the Ring Neighbors app, enable Ring to offer affordable, complete, proactive home and neighborhood security in a way no other company has before. In fact, two Newark, NJ neighborhoods saw an over 50 percent decrease in home break-ins after Ring Video Doorbells and Spotlight Cams were installed on 11% of homes in the communities from April-July 2018 when compared to the same time period in 2017. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you’re always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or genetics.