Instructional Design Manager
Greater Phoenix Area, AZ
Community Support / Call Center
Ring’s Community Support Learning and Development team is looking for a customer-obsessed, detail-oriented Instructional Design Manager to provide workload guidance, structure, oversight, stakeholder communication, and process improvement for the Instructional Design team.
The candidate for this role will anticipate bottlenecks and balance business needs to move projects forward quickly. They thrive and succeed in a fast-paced environment and are not hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. Additionally, the ideal candidate must have training, instructional design or technical documentation experience.
This role requires excellent project management skills, strategic thinking, problem-solving, and strong communication skills. Above all, you must possess a passion for learning and contribute to team and customer success.
Here's What You'll Be Doing:
- Define and scope projects by working closely with instructional designers, developers, trainers, coaches, subject matter experts, and Community Support teams to understand their needs and create clear learning objectives, outcome statements, and project plans.
- Develop and manage project plans that successfully deliver promised results.
- Leading and developing a team responsible for the design and creation of learning curriculum that will deliver metrics and neighbor experience expected to achieve results.
- Manage milestones and drive releases to on-time delivery.
- Identify process improvement strategies to expedite the production of training curricula and enhance the quality of materials being delivered.
- Accelerate the shift to a rapid content development strategy by modifying the existing content development process to leverage agile development methods.
- Build and foster partnerships across multiple teams to review project deliverables and motivate completion of SME reviews.
- Leverage innovative instructional design methods to create engaging, outcome-driven, and provocative learning experiences
- Analyze learning evaluation data and metrics to diagnose gaps.
- identify opportunities and implement change to ensure learning portfolio products are current, relevant and delivered in the most efficient and effective mannerProvide stakeholder communications for all projects.
Do You Have What It Takes:
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Instructional Design, Education Technology, or similar field.
- 5+ years in project, program or product management with a focus on training programs, courses, content, and instructional design.
- 5+ years demonstrated the ability to define, influence, refine, and implement processes, procedures, and policies.
- Prior experience managing and developing a diverse team.
- Experience in Social Learning, Gamification and/or use of Multimedia in training
- Experience with publishing and tracking learning objects in an LMS (Cornerstone On Demand, Thinking Cap as a preference)
- Excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- PMP certification
- Ability to initiate new programs, obtain senior management buy-in and support.
- Experience designing, developing and delivering instructional materials for technical content.
- Ability to manage ambiguous projects, identify and solve blockers, and know when to escalate to keep the project moving forward.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with multiple teams and stakeholders.
- Proven track record of managing multi-faceted projects with the ability to drive through completion.
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple concurrent projects.
Ring's mission is to reduce crime in neighborhoods and empower consumers by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of smart home security products: Ring Video Doorbell, Ring Video Doorbell Pro, Ring Stick Up Cam Ring Floodlight Cam, and the new Ring Alarm System. With these security devices, Ring has created the neighborhood watch for the digital age and continues to keep homes around the world safe. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you're always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ring Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation