Technical Program Manager – Accessories
Santa Monica, CA
Product/Program/Project Management – Product / Program / Project Management
Ring has a mission to reduce crime in neighborhoods. With affordable solutions that work on any home, Ring is committed to offering smart security that’s accessible to everyone. Now Ring is part of the Amazon Devices family, and is seeking Technical Program Manager to help us create the next generation of home security. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
Ring is looking for a Technical Program Manager to join a rapidly growing team under the product organization. You will help engineering and product teams deliver on complex projects and engage with various departments to manage short and long-term needs for our products. You will work closely with other Product and Program Managers to coordinate the execution of complex business needs, while simultaneously keeping your stakeholders (e.g. marketing, UX, finance, packaging, procurement, operations, etc) focused on hitting their own commitments. Program Managers at Ring must be capable of sorting through many competing priorities, defining processes that improve execution, championing engineering best practices, executing with precision, and succeeding in a complex and fast paced environment. If that challenge excites you, then we’d like to talk to you.
- Coordinate and manage technical project and program development of large-scale, global product launches
- Drive key engineering and operations milestones to ensure on-time delivery of key accessories
- Act as Scrum Master for one or more product teams, while also helping prioritize requests from multiple stakeholders
- Lead global and local teams and foster an environment of continuous improvement
- Effectively communicate changes and manage expectations around project scope and schedule
- Proactively solve day-to-day challenges and exercise sound judgment
- Design processes that will help us scale the product category
- Be a leader and act as an owner of multiple programs
- Must be able to travel up to 20%, including internationally
- BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Mathematics field preferred
- 4+ years of Technical Program/Project Management experience
- Experience delivering CE hardware product or accessories through the complete product lifecycle (from design to release)
- Master’s Degree in technical field
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams with a proven track record of delivery
- Exceptional level of organization and high attention to detail
- Proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills with an ability to motivate teams
- Demonstrated ability to use quantitative and qualitative data to drive optimizations
- SQL development
- Expert level knowledge of project management methodologies (Agile) and tools (Atlassian suite: Jira and Confluence)
- Experience working with product, business and/or engineering leadership to improve delivery
Ring's mission is to reduce crime in neighborhoods by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of home security products and services. The Ring product line, along with the Ring Neighbors app, enable Ring to offer affordable, complete, proactive home and neighborhood security in a way no other company has before. In fact, two Newark, NJ neighborhoods saw an over 50 percent decrease in home break-ins after Ring Video Doorbells and Spotlight Cams were installed on 11% of homes in the communities from April-July 2018 when compared to the same time period in 2017. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you’re always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or genetics.