Santa Monica, CA
Marketing – Creative / Design
The Ring Production Team is looking for a wildly talented copywriter whose passion for words and ideas is matched by flawless presentation and execution. This candidate will work directly with the Creative Director, Producers and Editors, engaging with our Business Partners in finding the best creative route for engagement through the film, video, and TV mediums. If you are passionate about creative innovation, customer-focused media experiences and collaborating with a team of talented designers and marketing managers, we are looking for you.
The ideal candidate works fast, is able to quickly discern the needs of a project, and can tackle concept write-ups, turning them into robust ideas on the fly. You love the art of storytelling and how to craft the perfect story for the job in respects to scope, length and budget. You know how to present ideas professionally, but with a passion that sells ideas through the lens of strategy and creativity. You've done this before, and have a world-class portfolio that supports this with examples stretching between several industries and brands. You know how to work across several different styles and genres of video, and understand language nuances that reach a variety of demographics.
At the end of the day, you work with the team to craft the best idea possible for the job at hand. You're comfortable leading brainstorms, working with producers, designers, directors, editors and animators. You also have a personality, don't take yourself too seriously, you love life outside of work and you leave your ego at the door.
- Distill marketing challenges and business goals into focused creative briefs
- Sell strategic thinking and creative concepts to executive-level internal and external stakeholders
- Collaborate across multiple teams to drive projects to completion
- Launch fully integrated brand campaigns
- Bachelor’s, or equivalent degree or related field or equivalent professional experience
- 5+ years of advertising/copywriting experience for agency or marketing firms
- Portfolio demonstrating big, campaignable thinking that can extend into any medium
- 5+ years of experience with TV, digital and social platforms as well as their use within marketing
- 5+ years of experience creating campaign content that attracts, retains, and grows an audience
- 5+ years of experience working across teams and synthesize input from marketing, product management, sales, market research, and internal and external partners
- 5+ years of experience presenting creative concepts and copy both in person and virtually.
- 5+ years of experience translating customer objectives into creative proposals.
- 5+ years of experience writing a variety of professional documents where grammatical and material accuracy was essential
- Undergraduate degree in film, advertising, marketing or related field
- Strong understanding of Adobe Creative software, primarily Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop/InDesign
- Self-starter who is a customer-obsessed, detail-oriented, and enthusiastic team player
- Industry specific experience in a consumer brand
- Strong creative, conceptual and collaboration skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working independently on multiple projects with critical deadlines and deliver on time
- Well-informed of non-traditional marketing techniques and industry trends
Ring's mission is to make neighborhoods safer by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of home security products and services. The Ring product line, along with the Ring Neighbors app, enable Ring to offer affordable, complete, proactive home and neighborhood security in a way no other company has before. In fact, two Newark, NJ neighborhoods saw an over 50 percent decrease in home break-ins after Ring Video Doorbells and Spotlight Cams were installed on 11% of homes in the communities from April-July 2018 when compared to the same time period in 2017. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you’re always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or genetics.