San Diego, CA
Engineering – Engineering / QA
We are looking for a Quality Assurance Manager to provide leadership and direction for a team in Santa Monica focused on testing the spectrum of Ring products. You will be responsible for contribution to Device, FW, HW and Reliability testing activities. In addition, you will bring valuable know how to bridging Amazon processes and partner QA teams with existing Ring QA spread across multiple geographies. In this role you will provide technical and professional guidance to your direct team and also collaborate with and influence other QA, Dev, TPM and Product peers across the product team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical field or relevant work experience
- 8+ years experience in a test management role as part of a product development organization which has delivered consumer oriented products
- Experience growing and coaching people
- Experience setting and supporting goals along with performance management.
- Experience with QA methodology and tools
- Experience gathering and analyzing data to use in decision making process along with risk evaluation and other customer & product oriented trade-offs
- Experience guiding the creation of detailed, customer focused test cases to exercise user level features and end to end product experience
- Experience defining automation strategy and influence planning to achieve automation growth
- Experience troubleshooting complex systems and root causing customer facing software issues
- Experience working with development and business teams to communicate problem impacts and to understand business requirements
- Familiarity with networking concepts and latency testing
- Experience testing performance benchmarks
- Experience in the domain of Machine Learning and Computer Vision
- Experience testing audio/video data streaming
- Ability to triage issues, react well to changes, work with teams and ability to multi-task on multiple products and projects
- Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical and problem solving skills
- Familiarity with executing performance, longevity and device interoperability tests in the confines of the mobile application space
- Shows creativity and initiative to improve product test coverage and effectiveness
- Comfortable communicating cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings
Ring's mission is to make neighborhoods safer by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of home security products and services. The Ring product line, along with the Ring Neighbors app, enable Ring to offer affordable, complete, proactive home and neighborhood security in a way no other company has before. In fact, two Newark, NJ neighborhoods saw an over 50 percent decrease in home break-ins after Ring Video Doorbells and Spotlight Cams were installed on 11% of homes in the communities from April-July 2018 when compared to the same time period in 2017. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you’re always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or genetics.