Sr. Design Program Manager
Santa Monica, CA
Creative / Design
Ring has a mission to reduce crime in neighborhoods. With affordable solutions that work on any home, Ring is committed to offering smart security that’s accessible to everyone.
Our marketing design team is looking for an exceptional Senior Program Manager within the Ring/Amazon Devices organization, you will be responsible for identifying, scoping, and delivering a large end to end project comprised of Ring’s Home Security products and beyond. You will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive of and design innovative consumer products. You thrive through building consensus and driving teams towards results. You will anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints. An ability to take large, complex projects and break them down into manageable pieces, develop functional specifications, then deliver them in a successful and timely manner is expected. Maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical talent and leadership are essential to success in this role.
The right candidate will possess proven program management skills, demonstrate experience leading medium to large products and projects. You are expected to be versatile and able to thrive in a dynamic, creative and entrepreneurial environment. You are not hindered by managing competing priorities and are able to bring order to ambiguous scenarios. Maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence and leadership are essential to success in this role. You can clearly & effectively communicate (written as well as verbally) across the org and up to senior leadership.
- Work with key stakeholders in executive teams, product management, and marketing teams to define strategy and requirements
- Work with cross functional teams to deliver projects in sync with launch timelines
- Communicate regularly with senior management on status, risks, and change control
- Create and maintain program information (risks, issues, resources, schedules, tasks, budgets)
- Identify business and technical impacts of user requirements
- Be expected to dive deep into the technical details of the program
- Stand with & defend your convictions as well as accept others’ point of views when needed
- 8+ years of experience in program/project management in a consumer electronics environment
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience with marketing campaign and e-commerce development Life Cycle
- Experience defining projects, collecting requirements, coordinating efforts to scope, schedule and deploy new features sets
- Experience analyzing cost/benefit of feature selection
- Master’s or advanced technical degree
- Creative leader with superior analytical abilities
- Strong problem solving and negotiation skills to earn trust and influence partners and teams
- Prior history in productization and deployment of marketing campaign and e-comm projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills engaging technical and non-technical stakeholders
Ring's mission is to reduce crime in neighborhoods and empower consumers by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of smart home security products: Ring Video Doorbell, Ring Video Doorbell Pro, Ring Stick Up Cam and the new Ring Floodlight Cam. With these security devices, Ring has created the neighborhood watch for the digital age and continues to keep homes around the world safe. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you're always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation