Content Curation Specialist
Santa Monica, CA
Marketing – Marketing
The Content Curation Specialist will work on organizing and showcasing the best success stories from our users. This position is well suited for a candidate with experience and passion for digital media, social networking, and compelling storytelling. Having a knack for curating the best pieces of content to highlight positive interactions and stories that draw in new audiences is a core skill that is essential to the success of this role. The candidate should be eager to join a multi-faceted content operations team that has endless great user-generated stories to share.
- Manage user-generated content library and categorize appropriately (location, theme, asset type)
- Surface new pieces of content that would best showcase the various use cases for the Neighbors app on a daily and weekly basis
- Identify new strategies to showcase content both within and outside of the Neighbors app
- Collaborate with other teams to ensure that Neighbors’ stories are being represented accurately
- Develop internal reports on content trends and relevant posting statistics
- Communicate with Neighbors’ users about their posts
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism/English/Communications or equivalent professional experience
- 2+ years of experience in content curation and/or digital media management
- Strong editorial judgment that prioritizes easily digestible and shareable stories
- Organized digital content in a straightforward classification system
- Utilized social media to gather information about industry best practices
- Developed original pitches for curated content pieces
- Passion for hyperlocal storytelling
- Assisted in launching new projects or programs within a larger organization
- Organized, detail oriented, with excellent communication skills
- Demonstrate a positive, can-do, go-the-extra-mile attitude
Ring's mission is to make neighborhoods safer by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of home security products and services. The Ring product line, along with the Ring Neighbors app, enable Ring to offer affordable, complete, proactive home and neighborhood security in a way no other company has before. In fact, two Newark, NJ neighborhoods saw an over 50 percent decrease in home break-ins after Ring Video Doorbells and Spotlight Cams were installed on 11% of homes in the communities from April-July 2018 when compared to the same time period in 2017. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you’re always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or genetics.