Sr. DevOps Engineer - Data
Santa Monica, CA
Engineering / DevOps
Ring is looking for a DevOps Engineer to join a fun and hard working team dedicated to building world class data and analytics infrastructure. The ideal candidate will be excited to work in a fast-pace, challenging, rapidly scaling environment. Must be an excellent team player, yet able to manage their own projects, big and small.
- Administer, monitor, and deploy large scale data systems and services on AWS and cloud platforms
- Drive initiatives for upgrading and scaling our systems to improve capacity, feature set, availability, reliability, and performance
- Take pride in monitoring operating efficiencies of the platform, and responding as needs arise
- Recommend alternative design and platform decisions (not always green-field)
- Embrace capacity planning and cost analysis
- Collaborate with other technical leads to integrate an end-to-end design that's well documented
- Work with global teams of engineers, growing their knowledge and skillset
5+ Years of Experience
- Managing an environment with 100+ Linux servers (Debian, Ubuntu, RedHat, CentOS)
- Managing systems with configuration management (Puppet, Chef, Salt, Ansible)
- Working in a high traffic, fault tolerant, & highly available 24/7/365 environment
- Scripting (Bash/Python/Ruby/Perl/PHP)
- Participating in a 24/7 on call rotation
2+ Years of Experience
- AWS - EC2, ELB, Route53, AutoScaling, IAM, S3, RDS, Elasticache
- Big Data experience (Kafka, Kinesis, Hadoop, HBase, EMR, Spark, Presto, Elasticsearch)
- Data Warehouse experience (Redshift, Vertica, other MPP database engines)
- Managing global environments
Ring's mission is to reduce crime in neighborhoods and empower consumers by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of smart home security products: Ring Video Doorbell, Ring Video Doorbell Pro, Ring Stick Up Cam and the new Ring Floodlight Cam. With these security devices, Ring has created the neighborhood watch for the digital age and continues to keep homes around the world safe. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you're always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants with our regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ring Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.