Rippling is the world's first way to manage your company's HR & IT — from your team's payroll and benefits, to their computers and cloud apps — all in one, integrated system.
Want to hire someone, for example? Just click a button, and Rippling can instantly: add new hires to your payroll and benefits, create their email, ship their work computer, and even create their user account across all your cloud apps, like Gmail, Slack, and Microsoft Office.
Rippling is based in San Francisco and has raised $60M in funding from top-tier investors, including Kleiner Perkins, Initialized, DFJ, and Y Combinator.
About the Role
We’re looking for a general counsel to represent Rippling and build our legal team from the ground up. You’ll work closely with the CEO and other senior leadership to structure and negotiate agreements with partners and manage existing relationships.
- Provide useful, decisive guidance that balances business objectives and legal risk.
- Coordinate with multiple teams and external counsel to ensure that the deals we enter support current and future product development.
- Draft, review, and negotiate a variety of agreements to support customer sales, our purchases of software and services from vendors, and partnerships with both startups and public companies.
- Stay current on relevant industry laws, regulations, and news to give the most effective counsel.
- As a member of the leadership team and a key early hire, you will contribute greatly to our collaborative, dynamic culture.
- 7+ years experience, preferably in regulated industries (such as financial services, insurance, healthcare, etc.) on different types of commercial transactions.
- Ability to draft documents, emails, et al with brevity and precision while still being digestible for non-lawyers.
- Confident, effective, positive negotiator who can lead processes, focus on the critical issues, and efficiently bring deals to a favorable close.
- Flexibility to thrive in an environment that is constantly expanding and changing as we grow our business, learn more about our customers, and figure out what works best and what doesn’t.
- High integrity and superb judgment, supported by thoughtful, effectively communicated point of view.
- Founder mindset that shows up in your drive to work independently with little guidance, while also using good judgment and escalating issues when appropriate.
- Eager to pitch in wherever and whenever help is needed. Excellent at building productive relationships with a wide variety of people across different functional teams.
- JD, bar admission, good standing to practice law in at least one US state.
- Top-tier veteran founding team & investors
- Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, HSA, Commuter, Life and Disability Benefits
- Unlimited PTO
- Meeting-light culture and daily catered lunch empower you to get the most done
- Competitive compensation (salary, equity)
Rippling is an equal opportunity employer.