VP, Public Relations
Rippling is the world's first way to manage your company's HR & IT — from your team's payroll and benefits, to their computers and cloud apps — all in one, integrated system.
Want to hire someone, for example? Just click a button, and Rippling can instantly: add new hires to your payroll and benefits, create their email, ship their work computer, and even create their user account across all your cloud apps, like Gmail, Slack, and Microsoft Office.
Rippling is based in San Francisco and has raised $60M in funding from top-tier investors, including Kleiner Perkins, Initialized, DFJ, and Y Combinator.
About the Role
We’re looking for a VP of Public Relations to develop the public Rippling narrative and build our communications organization from the ground up. You’ll work closely with the CEO and other senior leadership to develop pitches, craft talking points, and create and book speaking opportunities.
- Represent Rippling to the outside world, primarily journalists
- Build productive relationships with reporters and conference organizers
- Develop and execute a strategy for Rippling’s media relations, including creating reporter lists, pitching reporters, and crafting executive talking points
- Write first drafts of executive blog posts, company announcements, and product launches
- Lead strategy and execution of crisis communications when necessary
- As a member of the leadership team and a key early hire, you will contribute greatly to our collaborative, dynamic culture.
- 5+ years experience in PR, communications or other related fields; Agency or In-house enterprise software communications preferred
- Proven media relationships
- Excellent writer; creative thinker with the ability to craft unique, engaging pitches
- Strong executive presence; able to hold your own alongside other executives, particularly in spirited debate
- Strong ability to motivate and inspire people to do their best work ; track record of methodically developing team members’ careers
- Able to simplify the complicated, particularly in explaining complex concepts like IT security to laypersons
- Capable of striking the right balance between speed, quality, and undertaking high-risk, high-reward projects
- Flexibility to thrive in an environment that is constantly expanding and changing as we grow our business, learn more about our customers, and figure out what works best and what doesn’t.
- Founder mindset that shows up in your drive to work independently with little guidance, while also using good judgment and escalating issues when appropriate.
- Eager to pitch in wherever and whenever help is needed. Excellent at building productive relationships with a wide variety of people across different functional teams.
- Top-tier veteran founding team & investors
- Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, HSA, Commuter, Life and Disability Benefits
- Unlimited PTO
- Meeting-light culture and daily catered lunch empower you to get the most done
- Competitive compensation (salary, equity)
Rippling is an equal opportunity employer.