Cebu City and Makati City /
Engineering – Field Engineering /
Full Time Employee (On-call / Shift)
The RISE mission is to accelerate internet in the Philippines—we do this by focusing on the overall customer experience, providing excellent internet services and creating a positive impact on our partners and industry.
After starting from very humble beginnings and a desire to help the industry and consumer, we have grown to service business and wholesale customers in Cebu and Manila. Our business customers come from every industry but have one thing in common: they require high quality service and great support, companies such as Aboitiz, Amaysim, Ericsson, Uber and many others. This year we founded GetaFIX.ph, an internet exchange that has brought new content to the Philippines and made an outsized impact on everyday connectivity.
If you get excited by improving things and are willing to be direct and apply your skills, you too can accelerate internet in the Philippines. By joining you will be part of a growing business that requires new leaders as we work together to in an environment that values proficiency, proactivity and directness.
You will be rewarded with a competitive salary and conditions including HMO for you and your family. Flex time is offered for some roles and your team mates will be there to help as you build your skills and responsibilities.
This role will be under Pathfinders, the network and engineering arm of the RISE Group.
Duties and responsibilities
- Serve as the primary focal point for safety matters and provide consultation, assistance, and facilitation of safe field operations
- Develop and maintain up-to-date safety programs and procedures for field operations
- Conduct reviews of safety programs and identify corrective actions as needed
- Promote and participate in periodic safety meetings for addressing job-related safety issues
- Conduct random inspection and investigation of work areas to ensure application of safety-related work practices
- Conduct investigations of customer complaints and non-conformance issues
- Disseminate safety information and incident reports to line management and team members
- Conduct in-house trainings or cascade meetings about standard and best practices in the field
- Produce and safekeep all records of safety and incident reports, audit reviews and relevant documentation
- Provide support as needed to all other aspects of occupational safety including OSHA compliance evaluations, accident and incident investigations, program development and training
- Manage the field operations firsthand when needed
- At least 5 years experience as Safety Officer or Trainer
- Preferably with certification in any DOLE accredited Safety Training Organization
- Strong communication skills
- Preferably with experience in telecommunications or outside plant utilities
- Adaptable and can work with minimum supervision
- Preferably with international and local experience
We aim to give our applicants a good experience by being timely, efficient, and direct. We do apologise however as due to the overall volume of applications we only respond to candidates successful in securing a screening.