Fiber Optic Technician
Makati City /
Engineering – Field Engineering /
Full Time Employee (On-call / Shift)
The RISE mission is to accelerate internet in the Philippines—we do this by focusing on the overall customer experience, providing excellent internet services and creating a positive impact on our partners and industry.
After starting from very humble beginnings and a desire to help the industry and consumer, we have grown to service business and wholesale customers in Cebu and Manila. Our business customers come from every industry but have one thing in common: they require high quality service and great support, companies such as Aboitiz, Amaysim, Ericsson, Uber and many others. This year we founded GetaFIX.ph, an internet exchange that has brought new content to the Philippines and made an outsized impact on everyday connectivity.
If you get excited by improving things and are willing to be direct and apply your skills, you too can accelerate internet in the Philippines. By joining you will be part of a growing business that requires new leaders as we work together to in an environment that values proficiency, proactivity and directness.
You will be rewarded with a competitive salary and conditions including HMO for you and your family. Flex time is offered for some roles and your team mates will be there to help as you build your skills and responsibilities.
Due to expansion in operations within our group we require Fiber Optic Technicians with various levels of experience to splice fiber optic cables in indoor and outdoor settings, read, create and maintain splicing schematics and diagrams, taking and maintaining accurate splicing and field notes.
The Fiber Optic Technician exists to primarily splice fiber optic cables in indoor and outdoor settings, read, create and maintain splicing schematics and diagrams, take and maintain accurate splicing and field notes, and ensure that installs are done in a timely professional manner, and according to Company standards.
The FOT also acts as the primary facing agent during faults, fiber breaks, and addressing on-site customer issues or forwarding them to the right person and give an overall excellent impression of RISE to customers.
- Strong communication skills
- Familiar with OTDR, Power Meter, VFL, and insertion loss testing
- Strong documentation skills and can use Google Suites or MS Office
- Good command of written and verbal English
- Familiar with fiber fusion splicing and similar activities
- Experience on GPON networks would be advantageous
- International experience and CFOT/CPCT Training are preferred
- With valid Driver’s License
- Travel may be required
- Overtime may be required to meet deadlines
- Shift schedule as determined by line head
- On-call duties will apply
- After hours obligations may apply
- Will be working outdoors in some cases
- When needed, may be required to climb poles, go through building vents, manholes, and similar areas
- When needed, may have to lift heavy objects or machinery
We aim to give our applicants a good experience by being timely, efficient, and direct. We do apologise however as due to the overall volume of applications we only respond to candidates successful in securing a screening.