Field Engineering Manager
Makati City /
Engineering – Field Engineering /
Full Time Employee (On-call / Shift)
The RISE mission is to accelerate internet in the Philippines—we do this by focusing on the overall customer experience, providing excellent internet services and creating a positive impact on our partners and industry.
After starting from very humble beginnings and a desire to help the industry and consumer, we have grown to service business and wholesale customers in Cebu and Manila. Our business customers come from every industry but have one thing in common: they require high quality service and great support, companies such as Aboitiz, Amaysim, Ericsson, Uber and many others. This year we founded GetaFIX.ph, an internet exchange that has brought new content to the Philippines and made an outsized impact on everyday connectivity.
If you get excited by improving things and are willing to be direct and apply your skills, you too can accelerate internet in the Philippines. By joining you will be part of a growing business that requires new leaders as we work together to in an environment that values proficiency, proactivity and directness.
You will be rewarded with a competitive salary and conditions including HMO for you and your family. Flex time is offered for some roles and your team mates will be there to help as you build your skills and responsibilities.
The Field Engineering Manager (FEM) is responsible for the overall functioning of the Field Engineering team across the company.
The Field Engineering function is responsible for the implementation, maintenance and fault rectification/restoration of the physical network and physical network assets on behalf of our customers and network operators. They are also responsible for delivering surveys, implementation and other field services to stakeholders.
This role will ensure that the field engineering teams and activities are running smoothly, on time and meeting or exceeding quality.
The FEM works closely with the technical leads such as Implementation Leads, Project Coordinators, and other engineering members and PMO and Management within the company, with occasional direct contact with customers or stakeholders.
FEM is responsible to deliver, improve and enhance the overall process, procedures and know how to operate the team effectively and efficiently while remaining responsive to business objectives.
- Ensure Field Engineering (FE) teams are capable of delivering quality installations
- Responsible for the safety of FE workforce
- Responsible for the people management of the team
- Responsible for coordination of the delivery of FE services to new service areas
- Responsible for coordination of the delivery of FE services to specific projects
- Responsible for coordination and improvement of maintenance and fault related activities within service areas
- Responsible for management aspects such as forward planning, resource utilization, planning expansions
- Demonstrable experience in leading field engineering operations (or similar)
- Experience in improving and managing teams work processes and safety
- Strong communication skills across different stakeholders
- Strong attention to detail and discipline regarding documentation
- Demonstrable experience in mentoring/growing/motivating/supporting employees
- Can-do/enablement engineering style (solutions focus)
- Strong background in relevant areas preferred (e.g. OSP, utilities, telco or related)
We aim to give our applicants a good experience by being timely, efficient, and direct. We do apologise however as due to the overall volume of applications we only respond to candidates successful in securing a screening.